Sign in to follow this  
adaniel

Readback voices

I have been busy lately, so it has not been any flying, and last week when I had some spare time  I discovered that my throttle was damaged. I tried to clean it, but at last I had to buy a new one. I bought a Honeycomb Bravo, but I was not aware that  it should take so long time to set it up. This weekend I have had two flights with 737 800, and used VoxATC  in the «right way» . I have not had any «say again or dismiss» callouts. On my first flight I was afraid that I would not get a Star before the landing, but it came in good time  before I reached the last waypoint of my flightplan. So again, thank you for help and advice.

Tor Arild

• Like 1

I have now had several realistic flights with VoxATC, but today I had a problematic flight. I made a flightplan from EDDH to EHAM. My fpl endet at waypint EEL. My fpl was opened and saved in Vox ATC. Flightplan extra, and I checked «no vector to approach».I used FO for communication. Take off and cruise until TOD, was as expected. In good time before EEL  Atc tells me to fly EELDE 1A arrival, but I am not given an landing Rwy. Soon after I am told to turn left and fly HDG 160, and follow instructions for hdg and altitude. From that point I get different headings every minute, and I can not see any realism in the instructions. After some turns I get the ATIS for rwy 22, and the message«to report establishet on procedure». I am now far away from EEL. At last I decided to end VoxATC and fly the approach manually and end the flight visually.  Can anyone explain what happened? Did I do anything wrong or was it Vox ATC that run out of control?

Tor Arild Danielsen

5 hours ago, adaniel said:

turn left and fly HDG 160

Tor

Some guess' here ........ were you off track as you headed for ARTIP, & vox subsequently vectored you to there for handoff to approach where & at which time you were listening to the atis on comm 2 & missed the approach assignment. 

Hard to guess otherwise without you reviewing vox's log & confirming what approaches are included in the EHAM afcad. 

5 hours ago, adaniel said:

to report establishet on procedure

This indicates there are procedures in the afcad which you should have heard.

for now, cheers

john martin