Sign in to follow this  
Th1racer

Suggestions on New PC for X-Plane

57 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Actually a 2070 or 2080 would do unless you want to sell a kidney

Yeah, but those are just as hard to get as the 30s.

Remember that a new version of X-Plane is coming and it will likely take advantage of the GPU even more than 11 does with Vulkan.

So the old "get a great CPU, the GPU doesn´t matter much" will probably not hold up as much as it used to.

Cheers, Jan

11 hours ago, Janov said:

Yeah, but those are just as hard to get as the 30s.

Remember that a new version of X-Plane is coming and it will likely take advantage of the GPU even more than 11 does with Vulkan.

So the old "get a great CPU, the GPU doesn´t matter much" will probably not hold up as much as it used to.

Cheers, Jan

True but generally all the new GPUs offer is ray tracing,most users just want performance, it upset Nvidia so much because one of the reviewers was only doing performance based reviews they banned Him till the community gave them a big stick and they relented

18 hours ago, peroni said:

Have a look at https://xforcepc.com/ for an idea on prices and systems geared toward flight simulation

Nice systems. way better than I am looking at for the same price. Love that they are geared for flight sim, Xplane and MSFS..... Got one in the Shopping cart. Dont see a place to view all the specs. Kinda scary. Never bought anything outside of Best Buy and held her before buying. They want 1789,00 For this. THOUGHTS ?

• Intel 8-core, 16 thread i7-10700 at up to 4.8GHz with tower cooler
  • Intel Chipset Motherboard supporting all 10th Gen Processors
  • Can display X-Plane, MSFS X, Prepar3d, or other games on one to four screens
  • NEW - Fast USB 3.2
  • 16 Gigabytes of DDR-4 2933MHz RAM running in dual channel mode*
  • Storage Options 1TB NVME SSD
  • Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
  • 650-Watt Power Supply
  • One Year Warranty
  • Internal WIFI-6 Adapter ( WIFI)
  • Gigabit Ethernet Port
  • Multiple USB 2.0 and 3.2 ports
  • Supports up to 128GB of RAM with 4 memory slots
  • 8-Channel Audio
  • Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
  • Windows 10
  • Dimensions 15.8" x 8.3" x 16.5"
  • XForcePC, the PC system used by Austin, the creator of X-Plane.
  • Detailed instructions on implementing a triple display setup with X-Plane

18 hours ago, Janov said:

This is obviously (still) a budget PC with mediocre hardware choices .You will be able to run X-Plane "just fine" - but don´t come back here complaining that you can´t pick some of the higher rendering settings and suffer from low framerate 😉

I hear ya brotha ! This PC will just need to get me rolling in x plane. I am also building a gauge panel. By the time I get the FlightDeck built and the bugs worked out Flying with FSX and mid range X-Plane i am hoping this GPU shortage will be over and a High End PC will be bought or put together. Then use the mid range/Budget PC i am looking for today for monitors, side flight software, weather etc and the High Range for the Flight Sim...

Thanks for all or any other comments ! Means A LOT !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Th1racer said:

Nice systems. way better than I am looking at for the same price. Love that they are geared for flight sim, Xplane and MSFS..... Got one in the Shopping cart. Dont see a place to view all the specs. Kinda scary. Never bought anything outside of Best Buy and held her before buying. They want 1789,00 For this. THOUGHTS ?

• Intel 8-core, 16 thread i7-10700 at up to 4.8GHz with tower cooler
  • Intel Chipset Motherboard supporting all 10th Gen Processors
  • Can display X-Plane, MSFS X, Prepar3d, or other games on one to four screens
  • NEW - Fast USB 3.2
  • 16 Gigabytes of DDR-4 2933MHz RAM running in dual channel mode*
  • Storage Options 1TB NVME SSD
  • Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
  • 650-Watt Power Supply
  • One Year Warranty
  • Internal WIFI-6 Adapter ( WIFI)
  • Gigabit Ethernet Port
  • Multiple USB 2.0 and 3.2 ports
  • Supports up to 128GB of RAM with 4 memory slots
  • 8-Channel Audio
  • Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
  • Windows 10
  • Dimensions 15.8" x 8.3" x 16.5"
  • XForcePC, the PC system used by Austin, the creator of X-Plane.
  • Detailed instructions on implementing a triple display setup with X-Plane

Perfect just ask for motherboard specs - Brand model, the cheaper ones ar rubbish

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 7:55 AM, Bjoern said:

Good luck getting a good deal on any GPU these days. Prices are twice that of what used to be normal.

Or even finding one...

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And any one stupid enough to buy an ex mining card deserves all the problems that will come with it

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Perfect just ask for motherboard specs - Brand model, the cheaper ones ar rubbish

Thats all the info you get from the web site and on the shopping cart so im out...... Looking at this HP Omen 30 L unit. Cat says it will run X plane and MSFS at decent graphics & FPS.

Operating system Windows 10 Home 64

Processor Intel® Core™ i9-10850K (3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5.2 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 20 MB L3 cache, 10 cores) [6,7]

Graphics Integrated: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Discrete: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

Memory HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-3200 XMP RGB MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB)

Memory slots 4 DIMM

Storage 512 GB WD Black PCIe® NVMe™ TLC M.2 SSD

Secondary storage 2 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD

Network interface Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN

Wireless technology Realtek 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 combo

Power supply 750 W Platinum efficiency power supply

External I/O Ports Top:2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 microphone; 1 headphone/microphone combo
Rear:1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 10Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 USB 2.0 Type-A; 1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 microphone; 1 RJ-45
Expansion slots 3 M.2; 1 PCIe x16

Video connector 1 HDMI 2.0; 3 DisplayPort™

Audio 5.1 surround sound; DTS Headphone:X™ support

37 minutes ago, Th1racer said:

Thats all the info you get from the web site and on the shopping cart so im out...... Looking at this HP Omen 30 L unit. Cat says it will run X plane and MSFS at decent graphics & FPS.

Operating system Windows 10 Home 64

Processor Intel® Core™ i9-10850K (3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5.2 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 20 MB L3 cache, 10 cores) [6,7]

Graphics Integrated: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Discrete: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

Memory HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-3200 XMP RGB MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB)

Memory slots 4 DIMM

Storage 512 GB WD Black PCIe® NVMe™ TLC M.2 SSD

Secondary storage 2 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD

Network interface Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN

Wireless technology Realtek 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 combo

Power supply 750 W Platinum efficiency power supply

External I/O Ports Top:2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 microphone; 1 headphone/microphone combo
Rear:1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 10Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 USB 2.0 Type-A; 1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 microphone; 1 RJ-45
Expansion slots 3 M.2; 1 PCIe x16

Video connector 1 HDMI 2.0; 3 DisplayPort™

Audio 5.1 surround sound; DTS Headphone:X™ support

They dont either, honestly boards are not that expensive you can replace it later if need be. I dont buy brand stuff. Never have never will, they come with there own issues. You could always email them and ask which board it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

They dont either, honestly boards are not that expensive you can replace it later if need be. I dont buy brand stuff. Never have never will, they come with there own issues. You could always email them and ask which board it is.

If I got to ask I dont feel confy with their service or sending in 2K ! Put it in the checkout specs that its what im getting even if I dont fully understand them ! I make decent money but squeek when I walk.lol... Got my new Rig, New Flight Deck, re doing my entire Bathroom, an addition to my garage, about to open the pool and hot tub + going on, just layered 5K on new carpet and dont get me started on the Tequila Bill.lol.

That HP looks like a decent starter ?????????

For all the PC's I have looked at based on Yall's expert and much appreciated advise I think that HP Omen 30 L will get me rocken ! ?????

My setup well under $1000

Ryzen 5 3600  32 gigabyte Adata xpg 3000 mhz.

Radeon RX 580 8 gigabyte

240 gig SSD drive C

2 TB SSD drive D

Running on with my 32 in.Vizeo smart TV.

Crushes FSX and P3d. No troubles at all. Xplane demo worked great. I'm going to it. From Laminar, not Steam

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, Gary1124 said:

My setup well under $1000

Ryzen 5 3600  32 gigabyte Adata xpg 3000 mhz.

Radeon RX 580 8 gigabyte

240 gig SSD drive C

2 TB SSD drive D

Running on with my 32 in.Vizeo smart TV.

Crushes FSX and P3d. No troubles at all. Xplane demo worked great. I'm going to it. From Laminar, not Steam

Well ? Have you loaded up X-Plane and if so how high can you push the graphics settings ? 

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Th1racer said:

Well ? Have you loaded up X-Plane and if so how high can you push the graphics settings ? 

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

5000 series CPU would fair far better

• Like 1