Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Giving up on Win10. Anyone using Windows 7 64-bit with P3D?

I'm also on WIN7, Most noticable thing is FSLabs A320 won't work on it anymore. I have port most element from another install on my WIN10 laptop so I now have a hybird version that works with PBR, but witout S8 FMGS. I could image I'd not able to get the sharklet and 64bit Concorde.

Also no luck with XP on Vulkan(OPGL works fine with FF350&FJS727 etc then). and of course MSFS.

ASP3D,PMDG, QW,CS,Feelther etc... works fine on 4.5HF3 then.

One terrifying thing is on their product page there is no offical support on win7, so they might drop it anytime without any announcement, just like FSL, while most of them I'd be fine just stick with current version, I was worried on PMDG as I can't roll back version easily with their update method as others.

I have win10 installed on same computer though, but never use it over like one day. I don't have issue with win10, as I'm mostly happy with it on my laotop, it's just I can't get rid my current system with all things there, which just happens to be a win7. If I have to make a clean install, I wouldn't stick with win7, I don't have any particular liaison with a clean sheet win7

Edited by C2615

9 minutes ago, C2615 said:

....I have win10 installed on same computer though, but never use it over like one day....

How?  Dual boot? What kind of gpu and cpu in the laptop and how much memory?

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

2 minutes ago, oneleg said:

How?  Dual boot? What kind of gpu and cpu in the laptop and how much memory?

I just put them on differet SSD (btw it takes me quite some effort to put my years old win7 into nvme SSD), and select the boot device from motherborad option. The windows' own boot manager system doesn't works for me at all.

My laptop is on i5 and 1050 with 16G ram, not a heavy lifter for me, P3D runs on it, but it's just runs (Havent make a full flight on it for years).

3 hours ago, C2615 said:

I just put them on differet SSD (btw it takes me quite some effort to put my years old win7 into nvme SSD), and select the boot device from motherborad option. The windows' own boot manager system doesn't works for me at all.

My laptop is on i5 and 1050 with 16G ram, not a heavy lifter for me, P3D runs on it, but it's just runs (Havent make a full flight on it for years).

Thanks for info. I'm on limbo on an i7 laptop. It wants to upgrade Win10 but the upgrade has a known bug and always fails. As a result it's in a perpetual loop: upgrade WIndows, upgrade fails, reboot, upgrade Windows, upgrade fails, reboot, etc.  The laptop is unusable and I've been procrastinating re-installing a version of Windows that skips that buggy upgrade.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

11 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Yeah I hear you! I am actually done with Windows altogether. I am thinking about going back to ZX Spectrum operating system. Now THAT was a hoot! I am looking forward to reading everyone’s experience with it. 

My experience with ZX spectrum and P3D was not a success. I had a job loading P3D into my 16 MB expansion pack.

• Like 4

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

8 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

My experience with ZX spectrum and P3D was not a success. I had a job loading P3D into my 16 MB expansion pack.

Yeah - I had problems on my KIM-1 as well.... 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Yeah - I had problems on my KIM-1 as well.... 🤣

6502, I presume?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

15 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

6502, I presume?

My guess would be the 6501 🤣

André