Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

FSX is the future..

>"I am not stuck at 40 (which is more than you will ever need>in a sim anyway), but pulling into KLAX or Cloud9 schiphol>with 100% traffic provided by ultimate traffic tends to twist>things a bit.>>For reason I feel and i get the impression from you too, that>the people who force themselves into praises do so for the>sake of having the latest and greatest simulator - period. If>i could get 22, or even 15, with any decent graphics i would>have kept my copy too. ">>If I was getting the performance you speak of I'd feel the>same way.>I am not-but then I don't fly out of klax with 100 % ultimate>traffic-I got single digits in fs9 when I did that too. >>I don't find I am castrating the sim either-in fact I think it>is well improved-but that is in the eye of the beholder.>>I also think the topic of the thread-fsx is the future-is more>than validated by your standards when using the improved over>fs9 real air 260-the improved over fs9 megascenery hawaii-with>ai traffic and now moving car traffic-at 22-25 fps which you>state is acceptable, and levels of scenery reality never seen>before in a sim.>>>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgYes it has potential.. but due to coding, i feel the userbase will not catch up to it in hardware and so it will be a lost release. With a cycle of 2-3 years, FS11 seems like a more plausible groundbreaking platform in terms of mass and maybe finally some finer details not related to scenery. The flight dynamics have been greatly improved indeed. Rudder response was tragic in FS9, but FSX models it way better. At the same time, vertical stability appears too great.. that is judging only from the default planes.

Guest tascaso

Roger that my FS9 is alive and well! I just got FSX for some giggles and frankly its a beautiful program that will come in to its own in 2-3 years. I uninstalled it and gave my copy away to a friend. FS9 has enough legs and entertainment value to keep it on my HD for the next 2-3 years. I fly the heavies PMDG and LVL-D, with a few added goodies FS9 does a great job and the current hardware runs it flawlessly.T. Ascaso1704.png

Guest bj00rn

I don't get it... Didn't I read a lot of posts on this forum in the past that building airports in FSX was supposed to be near impossible...?Well, I just bought this airport, and after having testing it I honestly can say that it sure doesn't look impossible to me, because Cloud9's product looks and performs just great!So what was all the whining about really?

>>>So what was all the whining about really?>>>IF you have to ask.You know...Ignorance is bliss. ;)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Tim13

>..I hate to admit.>>Just take a look at this:>>http://www.fscloud9.com/php/projects.php?lang=EN&id=180>>>Why do you hate to admit it? I loaded FSX onto my rig, and after the first few flights, didn't even consider keeping FS9 on my HD. The static pics don't tell the tail of FSX, but the overall subtle improvements make the package.Tim13

Guest bj00rn

>IF you have to ask.>>>You know...Ignorance is bliss. >>;)>>MannyHehe, Yeah, sometimes that is actually very true. I remember back in the time when I didn't know anything about what went on behind the scenes in software development. Everything seemed so much easier to enjoy back then :)Anyway, I guess I got my answer a few posts down. I can understand the frustration, but looking at the scenery I don't think it's that devastating as it may have been portrayed as.- Bjorn