Jump to content

shermank

Orbx CENTRAL WORKER FAILED TO LAUNCH

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

I have posted this issue in the ORBX Forum, but believe there is some expertise here that may not check in there. I have downloaded and installed suggested C++ and related files to the best of my understanding. But, frankly, this is way above my paygrade.

 Here is my problem. I am running W10 20H2 OS BUILD 19042 964. I have excluded ORBX central from both Malwarebytes and Window Defender. Nothing I have done has helped. While I wait for some more assistance at ORBX, I am wide open to ideas and suggestions from the experts here. Thank you!

Sherm

 

IMB5kn3.jpg

 

Edited by shermank
corrected text

Share this post


Link to post

Was it working previously and this is a new issue?  Try running as administrator?

Edit- Just confirmed mine is working and is version 4.1.37.

 

Edited by Gridley

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Gridley said:

Was it working previously and this is a new issue?  Try running as administrator?

Edit- Just confirmed mine is working and is version 4.1.37.

 

It was working until I upgraded into a new mobo, etc and a reinstallation of W10 Pro with all the latest updates. It is a perfectly working installation of Windows for everything I use on my computer, except for OC. There is one odd thing. When I reinstalled P3D, I also reinstalled my links to all my ORBX scenery. That worked perfectly, except for one scenery that seemed to stall. I rebooted OC to try again, and that is when the error message first appeared. Interestingly enough, OC did upgrade itself to the latest version, 3.1.37. However, that did not cure the error problem. I have consulted with experts at ORBX, including Nick Cooper who I know personally. He has tried to help me and passed my problem on to the developers a few days ago. However, I have heard nothing from ORBX since then.

As you might imagine, if this situation is not solved, I will have real problems should I ever have to reinstall any ORBX product or attempt to purchase something new through ORBX DIRECT and OC.. Thanks for your interest and attempt to help.

BTW, Nick suggested that I untick anything to link OC to a Windows Compatibility choice. He said OC does not depend on that. No joy. And, yes, I do run it as Admistrator.

 

Sherm

Share this post


Link to post

It could be related to the links, symbolic links I assume - is it a single library or multiple links?  Maybe try reverting those and adding back one at a time?  It's an odd error that you'll probably need the devs input on to resolve, unfortunately.  You've probably thought of all this, so apologies for stating the obvious.  

  • Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, shermank said:

It was working until I upgraded into a new mobo, etc and a reinstallation of W10 Pro with all the latest updates. It is a perfectly working installation of Windows for everything I use on my computer, except for OC. There is one odd thing. When I reinstalled P3D, I also reinstalled my links to all my ORBX scenery. That worked perfectly, except for one scenery that seemed to stall. I rebooted OC to try again, and that is when the error message first appeared. Interestingly enough, OC did upgrade itself to the latest version, 3.1.37. However, that did not cure the error problem. I have consulted with experts at ORBX, including Nick Cooper who I know personally. He has tried to help me and passed my problem on to the developers a few days ago. However, I have heard nothing from ORBX since then.

As you might imagine, if this situation is not solved, I will have real problems should I ever have to reinstall any ORBX product or attempt to purchase something new through ORBX DIRECT and OC.. Thanks for your interest and attempt to help.

BTW, Nick suggested that I untick anything to link OC to a Windows Compatibility choice. He said OC does not depend on that. No joy. And, yes, I do run it as Admistrator.

 

Sherm

 

Hi

 

How exactly did you reinstall all links to ORBX?

Was Orbx Central installed and then you linked to your ORBX Library? If not, could you uninstalling and reinstalling OC?

Where is your  ORBX Library located? Is it outside your P3D Root folder or otherwise?

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/5/2021 at 3:01 PM, Gridley said:

It could be related to the links, symbolic links I assume - is it a single library or multiple links?  Maybe try reverting those and adding back one at a time?  It's an odd error that you'll probably need the devs input on to resolve, unfortunately.  You've probably thought of all this, so apologies for stating the obvious.  

P3D is on my C Drive. My ORBX Library is on a separate drive. After I got my computer back from the repair shop that installed new mobo, CPU, cooler, etc, and updated W10 PRO, I reinstalled software, including P3D and ORBX. At the time OC was working, and my 25+ scenery sets were installed normally. However, toward the end of the process, the installation froze. I restarted OC, and that was when the trouble first appeared. I am trying to get a developer to respond directly to my issue. 
Thanks for your input...

Sherm

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/5/2021 at 7:41 PM, Tokitaumelie said:

 

Hi

 

How exactly did you reinstall all links to ORBX?

Was Orbx Central installed and then you linked to your ORBX Library? If not, could you uninstalling and reinstalling OC?

Where is your  ORBX Library located? Is it outside your P3D Root folder or otherwise?

ORBX library is located outside my P3D root folder. I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall OC as well as the related C++ programs. Still no solution. Thanks for following my thread.

As for how I reinstalled links to ORBX, I presume you mean the scenery sets, see my answer below to another poster.

Sherm

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, shermank said:

ORBX library is located outside my P3D root folder. I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall OC as well as the related C++ programs. Still no solution. Thanks for following my thread.

As for how I reinstalled links to ORBX, I presume you mean the scenery sets, see my answer below to another poster.

Sherm

Hi Sherm

Understood and as stated by Gridley, it appears you have covered most of the known solutions to try and resolve it.

Be sure to save the library going forward and I note this may not be the most feasible going forward, have you tried restoring (Windows System Restore) to an earlier point before OC started freezing?.

Downside is you may need to reinstall other software you may have installed recently.

Probably best to wait on ORBX Dev to help out.

Hope things work out

Kind regards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    46%
    $11,745.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...