Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

The South Coast: Cornwall, Devon & Dorset

We’ve returned to Land’s End (EGHC) after two weeks in the Scillies. Depart and fly east towards the port of Falmouth (waypoint), then northeast eventually crossing the large china clay pits to land at Roche Barton (EGRO).  Leave southeast to the waypoint at the Eden Project then east to Plymouth.  The waypoint is at Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel.  Now we turn northeast to cross Dartmoor before turning back towards the coast.  Passing the waypoint DAWLY we can fly up the River Exe estuary before turning to make our approach into Exeter airport (EGTE).   After Exeter airport we skirt the north side of the city of Exeter and continue up the Exe valley (feel free to fly low here) to Stoodleigh Barton (EGUH) farm strip.  Next head southeast to Dunkeswell (EGTU) then to Branscombe (EGTQ) on the coast.  We can now follow the coastline all the way to the waypoint between Weymouth and Portland.  Turn across Weymouth harbour on our way to Bournemouth airport (EGHH), then across The Solent to the Isle of Wight, landing at Bembridge  (EGHJ). The last leg takes us past Portsmouth, after which we can fly up Southampton Water to our destination at Southampton airport (EGHI).

Flightplan

can be downloaded here.

Aircraft

I have set up this plan with the Piaggio P.149 or a similar aircraft cruising around 120-140 kts in mind.  The Arrow or a number of the default aircraft will also work well.

Scenery

EGRO Roche Barton airstrip - recommended, as the default airport is in the wrong location

Plymouth Hoe – optional upgrade adds detail to the Hoe and Citadel area

EGTE Exeter airport – optional upgrade

EGHJ Bembridge airport – optional upgrade

The AI ships addon may well be worth having on this flight, especially when we get close to Southampton.

Multiplayer Particulars
Date and time: Saturday 8th May 2021, 1800 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D and MSFS2020)
Microsoft Flight Simulator Multiplayer: North America East server.

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CavalierDuck said:

Pseudo-Pilots' Guide

😁

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks Nick. For barbarians, it is a wonderful thing to learn more about this area.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Will have to fly this trip a bit later...   Don't expect to be flying tomorrow or Sunday.. (I have now been recruited as a delivery driver for my daughter-in-law's retail biz - for her soap/beauty products etc retail business- so busy for mother's day gifts!!)  (All non-essential retail is closed up here account covid lock-down but curbside pickup and porch delivery are permitted). . (She has lots of orders for delivery so I have been requested along with her dad and her hubby (my son) to be her drive-by (curbside) delivery service..

I think we have to supply our own petrol too.. and not even paid an hourly wage.. nor do I get to fly!!  So, hmmm!! something is definitely wrong with this picture!! I might have to write up and report this employer for poor working conditions and no pay!  

Hopefully will back in the air Wednesday. Have fun fellow pilots!!

Norm

Edited by nbrich1

Just a small tidbit to add to the scenery. Not useful but instead delightful.

Solent Forts. Three of the 19th century armor-plated island forts in the middle of the Solent. (Portrayed are the two outer defenses, Horse Sand and No Man's Land, and the backup Spitbank nearer Portsmouth. But not St Helens Fort near Bembridge.) These models are a fine marker for an intriguing footnote in British history. For many years the artificial-island forts kept the French invasion in check – starting a decade after the real threat had passed. "Life on the sites was grim; those serving were deliberately chosen for their inability to sim, to avoid any attempt to escape.[Wiki]" In the last decade, two of the three were restored as hotels. Now for sale.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hi gents. Hope you are all well!

Going to have to miss this one as well unfortunately. Life has pitched a few curve-balls recently and flying has taken a back seat. Will be back in action for Wednesday.

Have a good flight!

Didn't catch a break with the weather here.  The rain is holding off and I was slow to get moving this morning so I am occupied with maintaining the manor. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

That's two less for tea and crumpets. I'll tell Cook

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.