Sign in to follow this  
mikeklimek

Are Live Weather Local Conditions "Global"?

With the latest hotfix improving local weather, consider the following scenario:

With Live Weather activated, the ATIS at airport 'A' (where I'm departing) reports winds 280 at 5 knots.  Let's say that winds at the arrival airport are 255 at 2 knots.  Does the MSFS live weather feature model the arrival winds as 255 at 2 knots, or will the arrival airport conditions simply mimic what was originally modeled based on the departure airport, i.e., 280 at 5?  Has anyone observed anything specific regarding this?

I ask because this can somewhat dovetail with what arrival runway one might select when flight planning.

Conditions are not supposed to be global, and I've not noticed anything that would indicate that they are. (within a flight from A to B)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Note that there have been issues with the game not updating live weather as often as it should which may be why sometimes it appears more "global" than it ought to be.

on my end MSFS pretty nicely renders different weather conditions which I would actually define as "global" weather (depends on your perspective) as the weather is globally depicted based on local conditions. Or easier: yes, when I departed today at LOWI for LIEO there was a massive rainy soup at LOWI with low visibility and right after the Alps the sky cleared and I landed at sunny though windy LIEO.

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Live weather is still hit or miss, based on multiple active threads on this topic.