Sign in to follow this  
morganthomas757

TFDi 717 & RAAS Conflict

Hi All,

Just a note that if you have the problem like I was having, whereby after installing the TFDi 717 your P3D would hang on loading after pressing the OK button when starting a scenario, this issue can be resolved by removing RAAS, either by uninstalling or temporarily disabling in the DLL.xml

I spent a number of hours troubleshooting until I came across a solution in the TFDi Discord. Hope this helps!

Morgan

I doubt it's the 717 that's the issue.

If P3D hangs on loading and its RAAS related it would be because you're running the old 32 bit version of the Microsoft Access Database engine in 64 bit P3D v5.

This usually occurs with people who, for whatever reason, continue to run very old versions of Office on Windows.

That's the only way we know that RAAS can hang P3D 64 bits.

Solution is to uninstall the 32 bit version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine.

Cheers,

I did manage to narrow it down to the 717 and RAAS conflicting, as every other add-on aircraft worked like normal before uninstalling RAAS, only the 717 hanged and exited P3D. I run Office 2013 on my Windows 10 PC. As mentioned though, the thing that instantly fixed the hanging issue was uninstalling the RAAS and removing it's associated DLL.xml entry, this also seemed to be the sentiment from another user who had the same issue in V4, who's hanging issue was also resolved after uninstallation.

Take from that what you wish...

Morgan