Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Quest 2 set up help please

The only extant civilian Sims that completely support VR controllers currently are aerofly and X-Plane.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way of slowing down the mouse look. I never had any problems with it back in the day. 

I suspect the best place to ask will end up being the P3d forums, which is allowable since discussions of VR were never segregated from that forum like they were with Microsoft flight simulator.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thank you Sir

Everything you have done for me has been extremely appreciated.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On 5/23/2021 at 2:30 AM, himmelhorse said:

Can you tell me if I really, really have to start XPlane11 wait until start, click on settings/VR hardware and enable headset each time I want to fly?

Hi

No - that should not be necessary.  

The X-plane desktop shortcut will usually reboot the program in the same configuration it was when it was previously shut down.  Are you coming out of VR before shutting down X-plane?  If so, the state that X-plane was running at shut down was in 2D and the shortcut will boot it up next time in 2D.

So if you have been flying in VR, then go to the Flight Configuration and/or the Main Page using your VR X-plane menu index and quit X-plane using your controllers or VR mouse.  Next time you boot up from the X-plane desktop shortcut, it will boot up in VR with the controllers and VR mouse still ticked 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

AJZip,

Thanks for that Sir.

I will try that in the morning.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

HiFlyer,

Sorry to bother you again mate.

Lately, I find that every time I get into XPlane VR, I am in the left cockpit seat but I am facing and looking over the port engine and I am finding it impossible to get myself positioned in the seat and looking forward.

What is the secret LOL and is it possible to set that position and then map it to a key binding, If that is possible, what is the key command I should be looking for?

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Your vr controller is the answer to that. One of the options is to place you in the pilots seat facing forward.

Alternately you can assign a button under the "VR reset view" command under joystick assignment.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks again mate. Sorted now.  XPlane is now far and away my VR favourite but oh dear, what I woundn't give for MSFS graphics LOL

Tony 

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.