Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Some issues with the CRJ in MSFS

Recommended Posts

Great to see the MCE-FO handle the CRJ!

 

Issues so far:

- cabin altitude / landing elevation is properly confirmed verbally but nothing is set

- decision height is properly confirmed verbally but nothing is set

- elevator / stab trim is confirmed verbally as "... percent", the trim moves a little, but isn't set properly.

- flight director on / off is properly confirmed verbally but has no effect

- stab trim and mach trim engage is not recognized

- yaw damper engage is properly confirmed verbally but has no effect.

 

Nevertheless I am enjoying the CRJ even more now! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2021 at 7:20 PM, RALF9636 said:

Great to see the MCE-FO handle the CRJ!

 

Issues so far:

- cabin altitude / landing elevation is properly confirmed verbally but nothing is set

- decision height is properly confirmed verbally but nothing is set

- elevator / stab trim is confirmed verbally as "... percent", the trim moves a little, but isn't set properly.

- flight director on / off is properly confirmed verbally but has no effect

- stab trim and mach trim engage is not recognized

- yaw damper engage is properly confirmed verbally but has no effect.

 

Nevertheless I am enjoying the CRJ even more now! Thanks!

Yes I noticed these items Ralf. If you look the trim switches do actually depress. I believe Ben is aware. The Mach trim won't action until the Stab Trim Channels one and two are actively engaged.

Of critical importance is that we have previously loaded the CRJ then reboot the sim with CRJ. If you mix the previously loaded aircraft and then load the CRJ, apparently there are some variables that aren't set right and MCE can't find the correct variables.

It's not MCE at fault, apparently the way Asobo aircraft are coded means the variables arn't flushed out like they were in FSX/P3d. Rather complicated, if you ask me? 🙃

 

Edited by charlie130
Typo

😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is one more issue I found (using the CRJ and PF3):

The MCE-FO does not set COM frequencies ending with 2 or 7, like 124.22. The frequency is not changed at all in the CRJ in that case. The reason probably is that the CRJ - unlike many other aircraft - does not accept 124.22 but requires 124.225 (when entered in the FMS).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Here is one more issue I found (using the CRJ and PF3):

The MCE-FO does not set COM frequencies ending with 2 or 7, like 124.22. The frequency is not changed at all in the CRJ in that case. The reason probably is that the CRJ - unlike many other aircraft - does not accept 124.22 but requires 124.225 (when entered in the FMS).

 

It's more to do with MSFS having introduced 5 khz spaced frequuencies, when the usual Simconnect SDK only lets you incement/decrement by 25 khz.

Until they update it, right now Fo will dial those he can and will let you handle the others.

I believe PF3 has an optional mode where you could use the older frequencies databse if you wish. Those, Fo will handle all the time and with ANY plane, even unsupported ones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is new issue after the latest update of MCE and the CRJ (MCE 2.9.20 and CRJ 1.0.5.):

There are no callouts on takeoff anymore (80, V1 etc.). Instead the FO only calls out "60" as if he considers it to be the rollout after landing.

It worked fine before the latest update.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Here is new issue after the latest update of MCE and the CRJ (MCE 2.9.20 and CRJ 1.0.5.):

There are no callouts on takeoff anymore (80, V1 etc.). Instead the FO only calls out "60" as if he considers it to be the rollout after landing.

It worked fine before the latest update.

 

Call-outs are only made when Fo "sees" you're taking off. Among other things he looks at throttle lever position which is peculiar with this plane.

If using hardware throttles, try re-caibrating the axix.

Are you using other tools to do that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FS++ said:

Call-outs are only made when Fo "sees" you're taking off. Among other things he looks at throttle lever position which is peculiar with this plane.

If using hardware throttles, try re-caibrating the axix.

Are you using other tools to do that?

 

I am using a single axis throttle setup, assigned in MSFS and calibrated via the CRJ EFB. No other tool used for the throttle.

How about taking the press of the TOGA button into account for the recognition of the takeoff phase?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

ress of the TOGA button into account for the recognition of the takeoff phase?

 

I'm afraid that wouldn't work.

People can hit F3 repeatedly or just move thottle forward

I know the code was tweaked recently to account for reported CRJ throttle position reading, notably when moving from full power to climb detent. Could revert to previous implementation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    48%
    $12,200.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...