Sign in to follow this  
PILOTASENZAROTA

RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 Download Blocked

3 hours ago, PILOTASENZAROTA said:

Looks as if it had accepted the download but still no result.

Great, so you've managed to download the file and you should find it in your "Downloads" folder isn't it?

But unless you run it and install it, it won't auto-magicaly transform from a mere downloaded file into an installed X-Plane plugin isn't it?

So, did you run the downloaded file (double-click it)? If not, do!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I tried again. This time with Firefox.

I had to stop using Microsoft Edge because it was crashing once too many times with re-install of Win 10.  Microsoft Support had to rescue the system and suggested Firefox.  It tells you something.  It always has something to do with some commerce site wanting additional info.

Back to the Install. Downloaded but would not install.

Sent me on the Wrapper system.

Entered my email and password.

Will not let it thru.

Tried the alternative - use the "mysterious key" but could not find one on any file normally called .key.

Sorry to waste your time on this.

But I will listen further if your time permits.

Regards

Charles Abela

On 5/30/2021 at 2:38 AM, PILOTASENZAROTA said:

Sent me on the Wrapper system.

Entered my email and password.

I'm sorry for the unfortunate delay and all the inconvenience you're experiencing with the installation. It should be much simpler than this.

So just to make sure, you've downloaded the e-commerce enabled installer alright, and if I understand you correctly:

- when you write "sent me on the wrapper system" you do mean instead "I've opened a file explorer to the location the e-commerce enabled installed was downloaded to, then I've double-clicked the e-commerce installer downloaded file to run the installation" isn't it?

- With the e-commerce enabled installer running, you're entering your F1 account credentials and press the REINSTALL button isn't it?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I have had similar issues and cannot figure a way through the maze

I purchased Reality XP GTN 750 last year and was able to download it to my plugins folder in X-Plane but never in the panel; so I used it as a popup in multiple aircraft both default and Carenado; My hard drive crashed and has since been replaced; I went to F1, located my purchase and clicked on the link to download again; it showed the certificate number and the download link bur never downloaded. I am stumped.

Gene

Edited by RXP

On 6/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, Gene Comroe said:

I went to F1, located my purchase and clicked on the link to download again; it showed the certificate number and the download link bur never downloaded. I am stumped.

Did you try to just download the latest e-commerce installer directly from the Reality XP website instead?

With the e-commerce enabled installer downloaded and running, did you enter your F1 account credentials and press the REINSTALL button?

Edited by RXP

I got the download to the plugins folder in X plane but it does not appear in the dropdown menu within the Sim, in fact none of the items in the plugins folder will appear in the Sim including Better Pushback, AviTab or SimBrief,, etc 

3 hours ago, Gene Comroe said:

I got the download to the plugins folder in X plan

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean with this. Are you saying that when prompted by your browser, you've manually navigated to your XP11 folder so that your browser is saving the downloaded file in your plugin folder?

If this is the case, it is not what you have to do:

On 6/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, RXP said:

Did you try to just download the latest e-commerce installer directly from the Reality XP website instead?

With the e-commerce enabled installer downloaded and running, did you enter your F1 account credentials and press the REINSTALL button?

Since you'll be downloading a .exe, the e-commerce installer, it implies you run it (.exe) in order for it to install the files (installer).

Therefore you'd download this to a folder from which you can run it, and which is convenient for you to find, like "Documents"

As near as I can understand your answer, I reinstalled the GTN into my recourses- Plugins folder within x plane from the F1 Agent.  I can see it there including the red logo, I therefore thought it would be in the plugins when I started a flight in X plane, I used to be able to use it in the sim via the Plugins at the top of the screen. Now it is not there. Can you guide me through the steps to follow to get it to work 

Edited by RXP

56 minutes ago, Gene Comroe said:

I can see it there including the red logo,

Try to double click that (exe) file..

• Like 1

Bert

@PILOTASENZAROTA

Did you manage to solve the issue on your end like @Gene Comroe or not?

It works normally in only one of the aircraft, the Citation SII from Carenado; In the other planes, both Carenado and Laminar Research, It is in the plugins menu but not in the panel of the plane?????

7 minutes ago, Gene Comroe said:

In the other planes, both Carenado and Laminar Research, It is in the plugins menu but not in the panel of the plane?????

I'm not sure to understand what is not working here?

In general, the plugin can't auto-magically decide on its own such things. You have to tell it you'd like to have a GTN with an aircraft as a user and this is what you'd do in selecting a GTN in the plugin menu.

3rd party aircraft may come pre-configured with RXP GTN though in which case, loading the aircraft also auto-magically load the GTN but this is only because the user choice I've mentioned above was first made by someone else than you. In the end, you still have to tell at least once you'd like to have a GTN with the aircraft.

Did you therefore mean if you load a default aircraft for example, the GTN won't appear automatically "somewhere" on the screen (like in the virtual cockpit or a popup window)? If so, did you first enabled the GTN via the plugin menu?

Edited by RXP