Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Spoiler will not deploy, just "flaps" (axis, not button)

Just started.  Before I could open/close the full range of the axis, now the spoilers just flap and the indicator light does the same.  No other aircraft with spoilers behave this way, only the Lear 35 and only in the last 24 hours.

PS..

by “flaps” I mean open/closes over and over rapidly  Buttons for spoilers do the same, not just the axis  

Looking for some ideas,

Thanks

-Braun

Edited by btacon
Clarification

4 hours ago, btacon said:

Just started.  Before I could open/close the full range of the axis, now the spoilers just flap and the indicator light does the same.  No other aircraft with spoilers behave this way, only the Lear 35 and only in the last 24 hours.

So what software or hardware have you changed or added or updated recently? Sounds like there is a controller button or key conflict somewhere. I see from the manual the spoiler switch is assigned to G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6 -- using that for anything else?

Al

Edited by ark

12 minutes ago, ark said:

So what software or hardware have you changed or added or updated recently? Sounds like there is a controller button or key conflict somewhere. I see from the manual the spoiler switch is assigned to G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6 -- using that for anything else?

Al

Hi Al, none. What I have been doing is flying a trio of small biz jets with a goal of PIC proficiency. My planes are the FSW Lear35, FSW Falcon50 and the Xtreme Prototype Lear25. I’ve been doing a round robin of flight plans and approaches on each of the three planes, and I’ve been focused on the speed brake because these planes tend to come in “hot” and the speed brake is the simplest way to keep things under control on final. 

Now after doing some research it may be that my FSW 35 NEVER had a working speed brake, at least one that maps to my axis. I just came upon a discussion from the past where a FSW rep confirmed that normal mappings don’t exist in the 35: the G1000 mappings are to be used instead. 

That said, I don’t have any idea of just how to do that. I see he corresponding mappings in P3d but from there the details elude me. 

Thanks for the assist, if you can help me implement the G1000 mapping that would be appreciated. 

Best,

-btacon

Edited by btacon

2 hours ago, btacon said:

if you can help me implement the G1000 mapping that would be appreciated.

The spoilers in the Lear35A are operated by a simple On/Off toggle switch located on the center console to the right of the throttles and above the flap lever. The spoilers are either up (deployed) or they are down. You can't set different degrees of deployment and you can't just arm them. So we can assign a key or controller button to operate the Spoiler's toggle switch. Let's assume we want to use the key combination Ctrl + /  (Control + slash) to operate the spoilers. There is no G1000 in the Lear, so the 'normal' G1000 controls are available to be used for other things. In this case, Flysimware has set things up so that any key (or key combination) you assign to "operate" the G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6 under P3D assignments (Options > Controls) as shown below, will actually operate the Lear's Spoiler switch (or of course, you can just use the mouse). If you use FSUIPC, you can also easily assign a controller button to operate the spoilers (for example, by having a button push send the key combo Ctrl + /).

BTW, as an aside, in the Lear35 when the flaps are extended below 25 degrees, the spoilers become spoilerons in that they deploy in concert with an up aileron ( e.g., right aileron up, right spoiler up) to augment the Lear's roll control at low speed. So with landing flaps set you may see the spoiler light come on when banking at low speed even though you have not deployed the spoilers via the spoiler toggle switch.

Al

b57cc3ea59.png

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

Al, took your advice and mapped a button from my joystick to MFD #6 and whadda ya know?  I can deploy and retract the spoilers now!

Thanks!
-btacon

• Upvote 1