Sign in to follow this  
SAPilot

ORBX : Welcome to the Mother City - Landmarks Cape Town!

Definite purchase for me - my backyard.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/208043-welcome-to-the-mother-city-landmarks-cape-town/

Edited by SAPilot
link
  • Like 3

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Hmm, my backyard as well, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

My showcase of the newest product in the ORBX Landmarks package that include a number of iconic locations to explore across what is commonly referred to as “Mother City”. Cape Town, South Africa is known for its urban areas, iconic Table Mountain and stunning views over the Atlantic.

• Like 2

Cape Town International is pretty well done by Asobo, this will finish the area off nicely. Did they do the Table Mountain cableway?

There is a freeware Lion’s Head mod on flightsim.to that greatly improves the elevation mapping of that hill. In the video it is still the Asobo generic rounded bump. Wonder if it will work with this mod? 
 Curious to know about how this affects sim (PC) performance. Can those that have purchased comment on that?

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

8 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Cape Town International is pretty well done by Asobo, this will finish the area off nicely. Did they do the Table Mountain cableway?

There is a freeware Lion’s Head mod on flightsim.to that greatly improves the elevation mapping of that hill. In the video it is still the Asobo generic rounded bump. Wonder if it will work with this mod? 
 Curious to know about how this affects sim (PC) performance. Can those that have purchased comment on that?

Planning to purchase and install tomorrow. Away from home base right now. About the Lions Head mod, will only know once ORBX installed. I know after a previous sim update it was hovering in the air, but the author fixed it quickly. 

@Riaan77077

Thanks for the video. It looks great! 

Edited by SAPilot
Spelling
  • Like 2

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

On 6/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, RaptyrOne said:

I flew it again this morning and there is no impact on my laptop performance. Frame rates seems to be better than with the flightsim.to Cape Town CBD freeware scenery I have been using up to now.

They did model the cable car stations on the ground and on Table Mountain but I could not see if the actual cable car movement was modelled.

y4m9-snEst0mTqb0-YISnKENPwgIY-kthNsct8Iy

The Lions Head addon seems to fit in well with the Asobo scenery

y4mqiZCNg2YD2D-odz1ZsBDyIOe-yz7Ap3Oi-2Tq

y4mkQCWiRVcBUabAMfpp6QNF2hJ6BUJm3JkYDZRS

In my video I did not cover some of the custom buildings that Asobo added around Sea Point (see screenshot)

y4mAThF2uZQSQMMPAk3iTHt04-x9UOpB99sDqU5Y

I also left in my flightsim.to freeware scenery for Mouile Point and these seems to have fitted in well with the Asobo scenery (see screenshot)

y4mqSzbXiMS-81TClJh1Cr4m9AF7me2stIM0GDzr

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SAPilot said:

Planning to purchase and install tomorrow. Away from home base right now. About the Lions Head mod, will only know once ORBX installed. I know after a previous sim update it was hovering in the air, but the author fixed it quickly. 

@Riaan77077

@Riaan77077

Pleasure!

I had a look at the wheel at the Waterfront as well as the cable car and can confirm unfortunately these are not automated so no wheel turning and the cable car does not move up and down the mountain

y4mTOojS5swJJhFiMCY3QeNg_BeFLcLhoE0x85b8

y4mowSFsGGkxYLpt1XjYZ9RDeEe83crK7zaHg-EC

For me personally it is disappointing that ORBX did not model some parts of the CBD. Where I work next to Greenmarket Square they modelled the next door building namely the Reserve Bank and further up the road the Western Cape Government Offices in Wale Street but not our building. They have also placed a default building in the middle of what should be Greenmarket Square which detracts from the area (see screenshot below of the Southern Sun Hotel and the Reserve Bank with our office right next door not modelled)

y4mzB48yJynoowpRG0bBElRy6FjklZUYUYR0w1ed

What is interesting though is that they include a building that is yet to be constructed and that is the Zero 2 One futuristic building on the corner of Adderley and Strand Streets. The construction of the building which after completion will be the highest in Cape Town has been delayed because of COVID.

y4m7BrA_T-3Q_L3GOEqKThD7Y5DexZFkMXAOb3Ih

y4mDuMLGFfsGfJETXsI9Z47waLesnIjcaX4Ypn3Q

I wonder why they went to trouble to include a planned building into their scenery? 

https://landequity.co.za/project/zero-2-one-tower/

https://businesstech.co.za/news/property/362346/heres-how-much-it-will-cost-to-buy-an-apartment-in-cape-towns-new-tallest-building/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Riaan77077 said:

I wonder why they went to trouble to include a planned building into their scenery? 

Why don't you ask them?

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models