Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

MSFS and Live

I have read answers to posts concerning the necessity of the xbox Live account to use MSFS.

I have read answers that state the pc version does not require a live account in order to fly solo IE not on their network. 

Is their anyone who purchased MSFS and flies it single player without a Live account? Only multiplayer I might do is Vatsim which is not MS.

The bigger question is why not use an Xbox Live* account? It's free.

* Apparently rebranded as "Xbox Network" in March.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

The bigger question is why not use an Xbox Live* account? It's free.

* Apparently rebranded as "Xbox Network" in 

My nephew and I and an Army buddy of his (Ex-Navy here) used to platoon on WoT Console. Apparently we did a little too well and a few butt hurt players we continuously beat leveled some accusations and now all three of us are perma banned. 

MS isn't very fair to hear all sides always.  Accused of cheating but all we used were tactics and comms. Period 

So, that's my trouble with XB Live. 

Edited by Gary1124

1 hour ago, Gary1124 said:

My nephew and I and an Army buddy of his (Ex-Navy here) used to platoon on WoT Console. Apparently we did a little too well and a few butt hurt players we continuously beat leveled some accusations and now all three of us are perma banned. 

MS isn't very fair to hear all sides always.  Accused of cheating but all we used were tactics and comms. Period 

So, that's my trouble with XB Live. 

Make a fake account, problem solved. 

• Like 1

you do need a live account, else no way to run this.

about ban, i never heard anyone got banned from the live account, you get banned from one game yes, but not form anything else,

unless you maybe really done something stupid.

and the xbox live account on pc has nada to do with the xbox console.

8 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I have read answers to posts concerning the necessity of the xbox Live account to use MSFS.

Was it really necessary to create a new thread??? 

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models