Sign in to follow this  
blaster454

Anyone here using TouchBuddy with FSX?

I am in the process of building a profile for FSX in TouchBuddy and was wondering if anyone else was using this amazing program.TouchBuddy (http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/) is a free program runs on one or more touch screens that enables you to use touch controls for your game or flight sim. You really have to see some of the profiles already created for sims like LockOn or F4AF to see how cool this really is. There is also a toolkit that enables creating custom profiles for anything that you want. TouchBuddy will run in local mode (on a second monitor) or in client-server mode on a different networked computer and you can run multiple instances of the program for more than one touch screen. The program is very well supported (much respect & credit to Zorlac and Wild Bill Kelso:-beerchug) and is constantly being updated to add new features. The current version allows exporting data from LockOn via Lua to enable a live TEWS in the profile. There is also an upcoming plug-in to enable playing movies in the profile to allow watching training videos, for example, while you are in the sim. ActiveX plug-ins enable live internet or active content to be displayed in profile, too, so you can have checklists, maps, or other references available while flying or gaming. It's very cool!IMHO, TouchBuddy and TrackIR add way more realism and immersiveness to sims than I ever thought possible. Think soft glass cockpit :D. It's well worth a look and can be used on a non-touch screen to see what it looks like--the mouse can click controls on the various tabs in the profile.Anxious to here if anyone else has developed a TB profile for FSX.

Hi, I am looking for software using a Pocket PC (PDA) touch screen for my FS2004 Flight Simulator.Is Touch-Buddy able to use a PDA? Do you know about existing programs or development kits?Thanks

regards, 

Alhard,   FS-Pilot since 1980,

WIN7, FS9-FSX-P3Dv45, 3 PCs, 6 Monitors, IVAO, Helicopter, Airbus, VFR

Blaster454,Like you I'm using TouchBuddy as an input device on all the sims I'm running, which are, Falcon 4.0 AF, IL-2 1946, FS9 and FSX. I'm also running LevelD under FS9.I love this device and I am in the process of developing a profile for FSX. So I would be more than happy to share it with you once I finish. I find it very easy to setup once you have created all the artwork, or modified the existing artwork others have put together.I'm running in the client-server mode on my setup. However, I'm having an issue with LevelD 767 in FS9 as it will not accept many of the keystrokes via TouchBuddy. What is interesting, these same key-press combinations do work with the default aircraft. So it appears that the LevelD SW is blocking some of these commands, but not all of them.Unfortunately, the TouchBuddy website has been down for several days now, so I hope the are not going off the air. I wanted to post this issue on their website, but will have to wait until they are back up.I believe TouchBuddy is the ideal tool for FS9 and FSX as it greatly simplifies the user interface. It will be especially helpful for the more complex add-on A/C being developed by PMG and LevelD that are becoming more popular these days. I'm surprised more people are not using this device.Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB