Sign in to follow this  
rog943

Using both GNS530 and GTN750

I bought the Reality GNS530 but then decided to buy and use the 750.  This is in FSX SE.

Is there any way I can have both in the panel of my Alabeo Aztec?  Their blurb says both are supported but where would the extra one fit in the panel?

At the moment I have the 530 as a pop up with the 750 in the panel and a pop up of the 750 as well but I just wondered... Jean-Luc?

Hi,

From mixing devices perspective, you're safe to go as long as you always use a unit #1 and a unit #2. This could be in your case 750_1 and 530_2 or 750_2 and 530_1.

From a panel integration perspective though, it is a different question which doesn't relates to the RXP gauge themselves but to panel mods in general.

Have you tried looking into the official panel mod topic for any user mod for this aircraft?

Otherwise you might want to create a new topic for this specific mod request and hope someone will jump in with a solution?

In the meantime, you might still want to study a few of the user mods because you might learn a few tricks with them and even come up with you own mod in the end!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, rog943 said:

Is there any way I can have both in the panel of my Alabeo Aztec?

There are a few airplanes that come with a GTN+GNS combo, the Carenado PC12 for example..

A problem is, that you cannot crossfill the flightplan from one unit to the other, so the GNS is kind of along for the ride.. and does not add much IMHO.

Better have some airplanes with the GTN and others with the GNS 😉

• Like 1

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

and does not add much IMHO.

It depends, but usually you better off using the 750+650 combo instead of 750+430 for example. However panel space might be an issue or you might have a hardware controller making using the GNS quite a feast. I mean controllers with no displays, like the PFC 430 controller which is really handy in VR for example!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

For the moment I'm going to use a cheap tablet for the 530 and my ipad  for the 750 pop up.  It's all useful while climbing the learning curve, Bert.  (And occasionally sliding back down it!)

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

• Like 1

Hi

I have latest versions of GTN 750 which i recently purchases from Reality XP, and GNS 530.

I have the real sim gear physical  device for both as well.
I notice when i start up the  530 switches dont seem to work, then i notice they are controlling the 750, Only way to fix if each time i start x-plan is use  Plugins menu to stop , and re-start the 530.

then after 20 minutes, both screens to blank  530, and 750.  Only way  to fix is to re-boot x-plane 

I just saw this comment about mixing devices:

I {{{From mixing devices perspective, you're safe to go as long as you always use a unit #1 and a unit #2. This could be in your case 750_1 and 530_2 or 750_2 and 530_1.}}

So i changed my 530 to use  530_2 from the plugins menu, 

but now the  530 face plate is showing , and the switches on the RSG 530 are not working.

Please advise what i should do .  Is this the technical support forum for  Reality XP,  I was on the site looking for tech support and is seems round robbin with no actual technical support for purchases products?   and lead me to here.

thx 

@gskudlarick

HI,

I believe you also have to setup your RSG hardware to control the correct device unit number. 

A quick search gives this for the GTN and I'd guess similar procedure exists for their GNS hardware:

http://help.realsimgear.com/en/articles/3033199-gtn650-setup-guide

Non-responsive Reality XP in P3D

Before I reinstall Reality XP for the third time, I would like someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong. 

First, I paid for the program and have the license.

Second, the GPS installs but two things happen:  All I get is a BLACK screen with no function then I get an error message stating incorrect version with a long number.  Sometimes the screen locks up as P3D v5.3 is functioning.  The system crashed and required a complete install of Windows and the new version P3D v5.4 was installed. 

I tested the new system without XP's GPS's, everything is working but I'm reluctant to reinstall the GPS because of the recent crash.

I don't know why I was getting an incorrect Version Error.  I'm assuming Reality XP is compatible with P3D v5+

Do you have any suggestions?

Edited by PMJ
miss spelling