Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Salvino

Hi-hat button camera usage Saitek yoke

4 hours ago, Anthony Biaggio said:

what’s chaseolane and how do I use it? 

assuming you meant 'chaseplane' (like from the old old days of FS) I will assume the previous post was referring to the external view available by pressing the END key.  It is a toggle for cockpit / external view.  

If however that reference is to a mod then IDK.

Additionaly you mention stuttering when panning in the cockpit with the yoke.  Is it the same when panning with the mouse (via middle-click to activate freelook mode)?

• Upvote 1

Related to this, I fly the DA62X and when D&C I need to turn on the fuel which is below the centre console. It is hit and miss using the POV on a Saitek yoke. Sometimes I get there using the 45 degree direction repeatedly other times I resort to the checklist. Any ideas how make the POV function reliable? Then I will be able to include the cross feed step in the checks.

6 hours ago, badgenes said:

assuming you meant 'chaseplane' (like from the old old days of FS) I will assume the previous post was referring to the external view available by pressing the END key.  It is a toggle for cockpit / external view.  

If however that reference is to a mod then IDK.

Additionaly you mention stuttering when panning in the cockpit with the yoke.  Is it the same when panning with the mouse (via middle-click to activate freelook mode)?

Yea i’m not sure about the chaseplane thing, someone else had mentioned it originally,  but the panning thing, in XP I was able to use the left round button on the yoke to look any direction, now can’t do that, at best can only look in a “direction” w/that button, but like you mentioned, yes I can use the mouse, with the mouse it’s fast & smooth, but it’s annoying because I usually have my right hand on the throttle quadrant on take and landing, same as real life, so then I have to take it off to work the mouse for change of view.  Anyway, thanks to all for advice here hopefully FS gives an option to change this in the future. 

Just now, badgenes said:

You cannot program the hat in MSFS 2020?

ofcourse you can.

• Like 1

I programmed it, at least for left/right view, BUT, its a one motion direct view, basically the same as using another switch on the yoke, so the button I programmed, (the L/H circle button), it will swing the view left or right, but it's not full free movement, it will only look direct one way, not all around, so to me, that's not much different view wise than switches, but it is more convenient, because it's just easier to use than a button.

However, in my experience, and I'm brand new here to FS2020 so you know, there still a annoying situation, let me give example.

I was on final in the sims traffic pattern training course & needed small adjustments of pov, I'm so used to using my left thumb for these corrections, but I cant, I can only use the mouse w/right click, but on final i'm working the throttle & the flaps, so to have to take my right hand to adjust views which should be able to adjusted with the L/H circle button is a bit crazy to me. 

Thanks to everyone's advice in here either way though.

I use the arrow keys to adjust my view. For example on approaches, I usually raise my point of view to give a clearer view of the runway. One increment up gives a better view and I can still see the dials. (I use left and right arrows to view the sides of panels in the cockpit.)

• Like 1

I'll try that, but what happens is that say you're on base leg, during the turn to final I'll want to view to around the 10:00 position (for left traffic), & then once lined up with final, you need slight adjustment back to straight ahead view, but I feel the views are in "blocks", specific directions, & not free moving, idk, but I will try your advice tonight & see how it goes, thanks much.

you can easily setup additional user views, ctr + alt + number (0 - 9) assigns, alt + 0-9  recals.

there is absolutely no need for chaseplane at all.

Edited by wim123
  • Like 1

Great question-I dont know-BUT, I did notice when I was programing the left/right views on the hi-hat that there was other "POV" options with diagonal views, so I'm curious if one can assign those diagonal views to the hi-hat, then maybe it will act out with those views. I think its crazy personally that the hi-hat switch by default doesn't automatically do that, they should immediately address that in the next update, would make things a lot easier ya know.