Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

EnvShade update : atmosphere scattering fix

2 hours ago, user823459 said:

There are specific "visual" problems with the 6000 series in v5, noticed it instantly since i upgraded my graphics card from a 1080Ti. Visual problems aside, the card is working like a charm without Envshade shaders in P3D performance wise and completely fine in every other game without any problems. It was also working WITH their shaders in 5.1.

I'm aware of 3 issues now, affecting users of the 6000 series AMD Radeon cards:

• Installing EnvShade crashes the sim 😞
  • Some white flickering lines with any level of AF at airports (when at ground level)
  • Some vertical brightly coloured line artifacts for some glass panels (PMDG NGXu, TFDI 717, a few others)

Other then that I really like my first AMD card since the old Radeon days. Shame EnvShade is no longer working. Just uninstalled it, but hoping for an update at a later time.

Edited by alepro21

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

18 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

• Some white flickering lines with any level of AF at airports (when at ground level)
  • Some vertical brightly coloured line artifacts for some glass panels (PMDG NGXu, TFDI 717, a few others)

Other then that I really like my first AMD card since the old Radeon days. Shame EnvShade is no longer working. Just uninstalled it, but hoping for an update at a later time.

Yes, exactly these 3 problems! It's really unfortunate that Envshade doesn't work anymore. Im getting used to fly with EA more and more, but what I really don't like is how it handles white coloring.. Every white color (e.g liveries, snow...) turns into sepia/beige, sometimes more, sometimes less.

9 hours ago, user823459 said:

There are specific "visual" problems with the 6000 series in v5, noticed it instantly since i upgraded my graphics card from a 1080Ti. Visual problems aside, the card is working like a charm without Envshade shaders in P3D performance wise and completely fine in every other game without any problems. It was also working WITH their shaders in 5.1.

Shaders have changes with every update so one or more current EnvShade tweaks seam to cause that this type of card cannot handle it.

It might be the driver- card combo…

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Is there any way of reducing the intense haze blocking the view with ea on?

Just now, LGKR said:

Is there any way of reducing the intense haze blocking the view with ea on?

Just as a test ; try with the default shaders. LM has nailed it quiet well with v5.2 HF1.

Then try with EnvShade. 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 hours ago, alepro21 said:

Can confirm that, if one needed any more confirmation...

Also vertical green artifact lines sometimes ( most noticeably on the default F22) 

Gerald,

I agree with you that the LM stock shaders are looking better than ever with EA on, volumetric off. However it would be great to reduce the haze. I tried Envshade, but I cannot see that this helps with reducing the haze (set at 0.5 but makes no difference). I have to say that the LM colouring is now more natural than Envshade's.

Any clues as to how to reduce the haze?

1 hour ago, LGKR said:

Gerald,

I agree with you that the LM stock shaders are looking better than ever with EA on, volumetric off. However it would be great to reduce the haze. I tried Envshade, but I cannot see that this helps with reducing the haze (set at 0.5 but makes no difference). I have to say that the LM colouring is now more natural than Envshade's.

Any clues as to how to reduce the haze?

I guess you add seeing the EA haze which imho looks very realistic now.

EA atmosphere and clouds cannot be adjusted by shader mods.

Terrain saturation, scene darkness etc can be adjusted with EA on.

Water saturation, I am not sure of.