Sign in to follow this  
VH-AJH

X ATC Chatter with Xplane 11.55 in Vulkan

Im having issues with XATC and XP 11.55. XP 11.55 not getting past initialise plugin stage and requiring shut down. Does work sporadically with Open GL but not with Vulkan. Running latest version.

Anyone else having issues of have a fix?

9 hours ago, VH-AJH said:

Im having issues with XATC and XP 11.55. XP 11.55 not getting past initialise plugin stage and requiring shut down. Does work sporadically with Open GL but not with Vulkan. Running latest version.

Anyone else having issues of have a fix?

I have not heard of this but would you be willing to give the beta version of the next release a try?

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/233871-x-atc-chatter-17-beta/

It also might make sense to continue the discussion there as it is X-Plane related.

Lastly, make sure your videos drivers are up to date. I have heard that some users in general have been having X-Plane vulkan issues when they have not been using the most up to date GPU drivers.

Mark

Mark, Thanks for your replay. Latest drivers installed nvidia 471.11 but I think I have narrowed it down to another plug-in issue or at least not having both in at the same time. Currently seems to be stable with XATC

will definitely give the beta a try

great product BTW…

Thanks

Hi Mark

I will also give the beta a try,

A suggestion for new ideas:

Allow Live ATC.net to have a channel via atc-chatter using the option to integrate MP3 live downloads similar to using vlc player with the MP3 files, this way not only does it save resources of having an additional program running in the background but, also allows something even more immersive with a live feed of choice from the available ICAO's.

3 hours ago, ianlighting said:

Hi Mark

I will also give the beta a try,

A suggestion for new ideas:

Allow Live ATC.net to have a channel via atc-chatter using the option to integrate MP3 live downloads similar to using vlc player with the MP3 files, this way not only does it save resources of having an additional program running in the background but, also allows something even more immersive with a live feed of choice from the available ICAO's.

When renewing my agreement with the LiveATC.net owner last month I asked him again if he wanted to support the live feed concept. He does not wish to do this. I think he may be concerned that it could tax his servers, Plus, I think he generates revenues from the iPhone App and website ads all of which would be by-passed with a feed via the X-ATC-Chatter player.

Mark

Sorry to hear that Mark, it was a great idea but, on the positive side the beta has a nice feature I notice with the simple ATC.

On 7/2/2021 at 4:08 PM, VH-AJH said:

Mark, Thanks for your replay. Latest drivers installed nvidia 471.11 but I think I have narrowed it down to another plug-in issue or at least not having both in at the same time. Currently seems to be stable with XATC

will definitely give the beta a try

great product BTW…

Thanks

Could you elaborate on the other plug-in suspects you may have? Like you, I have the latest Nvidia 471.11 installed. 

Les, personally for myself TG crashes, even after reinstall where it runs for first time but after restarting it reverts back to XP11.55 failing to start up.

World Traffic on vulkan in 11.55 fails to initiate with create flights but works under opengl

For myself I've not noticed any further issues as yet with other plugins like xEnviro, xcamera, shadex, Realityxp etc so far but, that is probably because I've been relegated to using opengl. You really do notice the difference when going back to opengl 😉

3 hours ago, ianlighting said:

Les, personally for myself TG crashes, even after reinstall where it runs for first time but after restarting it reverts back to XP11.55 failing to start up.

World Traffic on vulkan in 11.55 fails to initiate with create flights but works under opengl

For myself I've not noticed any further issues as yet with other plugins like xEnviro, xcamera, shadex, Realityxp etc so far but, that is probably because I've been relegated to using opengl. You really do notice the difference when going back to opengl 😉

Thanks for the info. I have not attempted Vulcan without TG but I will. I have received warning messages about  "...unable to start in Vulcan, will open in Open GL.."

Hi Les, I know which plugin is causing myself problems and it is the same plugin that messes up x-aviation's TBM900 under vulkan

"ShadeX"!

TG is now running under vulkan and no further issues FPS has improved, it not a problem with changing the look of xp11 as I can do the majority of the color through xEnviro anyway. 

After trying a couple items it looks like it is something to do with shade X and the TCAS folders in TG after removing and running the plugin without this. There are probably conflicting somehow with each other and fighting for the same resources within XP11 after the recent update. TCAS regions will probably need an update to align with the recent changes and Shadex is anyone's guess as it is known for causing issues with other add ons within XP11. Anyway, that is my lot and I leave to the developers to figure it out.

Hey all, ATC Chatter seems to be working fine with 11.55 in Vulkan and Open GL. Im still getting errors particularly XP "not initialising plugins" / crashing when attempting to open in Vulkan, when XP.... it works Im only in Open GL. TG has worked occasionally in Vulkan. TG have tested there product and reported back that all is ok with 11.55 and 471.11 so who knows

I initiated the forum attached and there seems to be others dealing with the same thing. I have no fixes ATM just frustrations since 11.55 and nvidia 471.11.

X Plane 11.55 Crashing / Not Starting / Vulkan not working - Page 2 - Technical Support - Cubby's Corner - X-Plane.Org Forum

Yeah ATC Chatter works fine as mentioned previous it seems related to Air Traffic, I've gone back to x-life which I have not used for a long time which seems to work fine in Vulkan and Opengl. 

I tried by running without the plugin in the resources folder but it still crashes and then I removed the TG files/folder in the aircraft folder and everything  was back to working as usual.

No hanging or crashes, so on pre check with XP11 and plugins there must be something in both TG folders that is causing a conflict. 

• Like 1