Sign in to follow this  
Peely

SID altitude restrictions

Trying to fly a SID from EGKK in FBW A320 FF2020.

The constraints shown in the PFD are different from the flight plan shown in Pilot2ATC. The plan is created in Simbreif and imported to P2ATC and then exported to FS 2020.

In the P2ATC I have a constraint of  5000 feet to LAM6M almost 35 miles away.

P2ATC instructs me to go to 15000 after take off and follow the SID The PFD shows altitude constraints that mirror this  and the autopilot tries to fly them but I am told by P2ATC to descend to 5000ft. If I request a higher altitude I get a negative because the SID expects 5000. 
y4my5pn6R8z1QYKno3FsWfTa3a2KYjR9wgRzQjrH

Edited by Peely

Did ATC not clear you to to FL150 via the SID? In which case you abide by the restrictions.

There is indeed a 6000' restriction in steps all the way to LAM and can be seen on the charts, for crossing aircraft protection.

Yes it would be ideal if Pilot2ATC gave a random 'climb now' instruction.

ATC does clear me to FL150 but as soon as I get above 6000 ATC then instructs me to descend to 6000 until I reach LAM. If I request higher than ATC says negative as the SID had a 6000 limit.

Correct, the 6000' restriction applies to LAM VOR as charted, ATC has not cleared you above that and currently you are bound by the FL restriction.

It would depend on how the clearance is issued as well. Climb via the sid to 15000 is A LOT different than Climb to 15000.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks all that has clarified it somewhat.

I will check if it is cleared to or climb via. Is there a way to have ATC issue a climb earlier in the SID as would happen in real life?