Sign in to follow this  
Plimmy

Photogrammetry messed up after the update 😖

27 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

The gold coast aus looks as melted as ever. It looked good for about the first week when the game was first released August 2020

Yup I can also attest to that. I flew around the Gold Coast during release and the photogrammetry was beautiful! I haven't flown there recently, but wonder if it's still the same. Sounds like a server load issue on their end. I'm assuming since X-Box release, the player base has increased dramatically and their servers can't keep up.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hey all :)

Since posting this I’ve noticed it’s a common issue; every YouTube vid I’ve watched around London has this issue (central London) plus there’s also been a few posts on this too. It could be server overload……. In fact I’m pretty sure it is as I’ve been checking on the download rate when flying and the amount of data the sim pulls when flying is extremely low compared to other patches. This issue could explain other issues that people are getting too namely the blurred ground visuals. Asobo really need to start communication a bit more methinks. 
The performance of this update though far outweighs any other problems especially the glass cockpit html optimisation :)

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Double check that you have photogrammetry enabled in data options, because I have photogrammetry there.

XKGio7K.png

Mine is flat as a pancake, but after checking... it is caused by my Vancouver Island Mesh.. strange!

Edit: After upgrading from Mesh V1.1 to V1.2, the problem is solved!

Thanks for checking it for me! 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

My experience is photogrammetry is mixed.

If I fly out of KJFK 31L over Manhatten, all the buildings look terrific and pretty sharp (1080p) well before I am near them.

If I fly out of EGLL 09R over London City, the buildings don't resolve properly until I'm almost overhead them.

Same internet speed in both circumstances. To me there is a difference of quality in different areas of the world.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.