Sign in to follow this  
Plimmy

Photogrammetry messed up after the update 😖

After the update of SU5 I have these melted look buildings around London City. I’ve tried resetting the cache, disabling the cache, manually creating cache etc all to no avail. Does anyone have workable solution.

Unfortunately the forum won’t let me upload pics here  

thats a sign of slow server download.

venice and amsterdam looking good

That‘s hard to assess without images. You can create a free account on a platform such as imgur, upload your image there and then copy the link in your post here on Avsim.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

It's been like that since release.  Has nothing to do with the update.  Jorg has already acknowledged that in the last few Q&As.  IRRC, Bing is beefing up their side and ASOBO will take it from there.  That's the short of it.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

My experience is opposite.  I had melting buildings in London the update and now they are fine.

London fine to me, but I am an Aussie so flying when the rest of the world should be in bed.

The melted buildings are probably a result of the Bing servers overloading with all the Xbox users logging in trying the game post patch.

• Like 2

Guys...everyone say it together with me...ready??

The melted crayons look of the photogrammetry has been there since release.  Jorg has already acknowledged this in the last SEVERAL Q&As.  It's not a server issue (unless it's worse than worse).

Those who say it's fine, or say they don't have melted buildings, don't know what they're talking about or don't know what they're looking at.  Please post your screenies here.  Especially of the London area...lol.

• Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

51 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Those who say it's fine, or say they don't have melted buildings, don't know what they're talking about or don't know what they're looking at.  Please post your screenies here.  Especially of the London area...lol.

My personal experience is screenie posting is a waste of time and just creates 1000 thread arguments 😄   people see what they want to see.

However I am willing to try - if some one posts a screenshot of a melted area I will see what it looks like on my system and post my version if it turns out to be OK for me.

BTW - if it is not server related how come London for me varies radically from day to day and is at it's worst when 30 or 40 other people are flying in multiplayer with you ?

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

My personal experience is screenie posting is a waste of time and just creates 1000 thread arguments 😄   people see what they want to see.

If is not server related how come London for me varies radically from day to day and is at it's worst when 30 or 40 other people are flying in multiplayer with you ?

You'll need to go back and find in the Q&A where Jorg talked about it.  I can't remember which one it was.  Bottom line, it's not where it's supposed to be.  So it may be better on some days, but it's still very bad.  Bad and very bad are not the bar we want or what MS and ASOBO wants.  So if the server is better on one day it just makes it bad versus very bad.  How's that?  

In any case Bing is working on something better for the sim according to MS. Not sure when that happens.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Victoria BC has lost all its photogrammetry buildings.. 🙁

Bert

47 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Victoria BC has lost all its photogrammetry buildings.. 🙁

Double check that you have photogrammetry enabled in data options, because I have photogrammetry there.

SZq4pJn.png

XKGio7K.png

Edited by Tuskin38

The gold coast aus looks as melted as ever. It looked good for about the first week when the game was first released August 2020