Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Space Bar Camera

Is there any proven method that allows you to pan the camera around with the space bar + mouse, kind of like how it is in FSX/P3D.

Don't get me wrong, I like using the middle mouse button to enable free look, but after spending the last 15+ years using the space bar + mouse method, it is a method that works well for me.

Another thing is adjusting the cockpit camera. At the moment when pressing the up/down, left/right arrow keys to adjust my fov - the speed at which the camera moves is far too fast to get a precise location of the camera for the position I want it. So is there a way to reduce to speed at which the camera operates when pressing the arrow keys? 

15 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

Is there any proven method that allows you to pan the camera around with the space bar + mouse, kind of like how it is in FSX/P3D.

Don't get me wrong, I like using the middle mouse button to enable free look, but after spending the last 15+ years using the space bar + mouse method, it is a method that works well for me.

Another thing is adjusting the cockpit camera. At the moment when pressing the up/down, left/right arrow keys to adjust my fov - the speed at which the camera moves is far too fast to get a precise location of the camera for the position I want it. So is there a way to reduce to speed at which the camera operates when pressing the arrow keys? 

May I suggest that you try one of the freeware head tracking apps for your cellphone,  or web cam?  I use a trackIR,   and once you have head tracking it's hard to fly without it.  For me at least.

There are apps for android,  iphone,  and webcam.   I don't have personal experience with any of them,   but I've seen many people report great success.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

I believe there are settings for camera speeds under general options,

then go to camera and scroll down to camera speed settings, should be there.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.