Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

Lighting (Pre-SU5 vs. SU5)

Thanks for filling the thread up with useless ranting.
Does anyone have anything of value to add instead of just critiquing the post?

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

49 minutes ago, pstrub said:

In these comparisons I definitely prefer the SU4 look, but if it was just that I wouldn't care too much. What makes it really annoying for me is the fact that the landscape looks a lot brighter when inside the cockpit. When trying to find a view that shows the instruments and the landscape, most of the time the landscape ends up between really bright and whiteout, like this:

The thing that I notice on my setup, is that out of all the aircraft the PMDG DC6 is by far the worst for over exposing the scenery out of the front windscreen. I assume the EyeApaption works on some sort of algorithm that looks at amount of VC in the field of vision compared to scenery level and sets an exposure for the outside world to try and emulate real world (which I don’t think it comes close to).

I have played around with other aircraft to try and frame a similar amount of VC to outside scenery and they don’t over expose as much as the DC6.

Regardless of what aircraft I use I still feel the effect is way overdone. I very much wish it had a slider or config adjust so people can tune it to their personal preference. Then most people would be happy. This has definitely gotten worse since SU5 but for me has always been a large annoyance.

Does anyone else find the DC6 much worse than other aircraft?

• Like 3

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

1 minute ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Thanks for filling the thread up with useless ranting.
Does anyone have anything of value to add instead of just critiquing the post?

You opened this thread by yourself and you where the one who stated and admitted you have found a bug but won't report it. 

So your whole thread is useless here...and you have initiated it by yourself. 

You should have reported your findings at MSFS support instead of ranting here...

Bad marketing for your own company. 

Sorry to say this....but it's just my thought and I share this public like you did too.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Look, no offense, but no-one is asking for your commentary. Your comments are purely for argumentative sakes and are junking the forum up. You need to learn how to post in a forum properly, everyone has "bad" posts or comes off wrong sometimes, but it's clearly intentional that you just want to talk smack and TROLL by spewing long useless critiques, so go have the conversation with someone else.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

15 minutes ago, michaelray said:

The thing that I notice on my setup, is that out of all the aircraft the PMDG DC6 is by far the worst for over exposing the scenery out of the front windscreen. I assume the EyeApaption works on some sort of algorithm that looks at amount of VC in the field of vision compared to scenery level and sets an exposure for the outside world to try and emulate real world (which I don’t think it comes close to).

I have played around with other aircraft to try and frame a similar amount of VC to outside scenery and they don’t over expose as much as the DC6.

Regardless of what aircraft I use I still feel the effect is way overdone. I very much wish it had a slider or config adjust so people can tune it to their personal preference. Then most people would be happy. This has definitely gotten worse since SU5 but for me has always been a large annoyance.

Does anyone else find the DC6 much worse than other aircraft?

Not sure if the DC-6 is much worse, but having a dark-ish cockpit that fills a large fraction of the FOV certainly helps to make the issue more apparent on it. If I could choose, I'd like to reduce slightly both the contrast and the brightness, as well as remove the green hue that seems to have appeared since SU5. For now I turned off the colour grading, which made everything look a bit flat and low-contrast, so I increased the contrast and reduced the brigthness a bit in my GPU settings for MSFS. Still not perfect, but definitely better than default SU5. Now the menu colours look a bit weird, but well... 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, sliders are definitely the way to go 😉 

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

3 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Look, no offense, but no-one is asking for your commentary. Your comments are purely for argumentative sakes and are junking the forum up. You need to learn how to post in a forum properly, everyone has "bad" posts or comes off wrong sometimes, but it's clearly intentional that you just want to talk smack and TROLL by spewing long useless critiques, so go have the conversation with someone else.

Ok. Why you post this here? Post it at MSFS where it belongs. 

And you are a developer. So especially you should know where to post issues. 

I'm not having an issue you post here. But I find it strange you did not post it at MSFS.

You even refuse to do that by stating there are so many other bugs....and a broken dev mode. 

That has nothing to do with reporting issues at the appropriate place.

And I really do not see why pointing you at the basic developer and testing processed is not appropriate here while you refuse to report issues?

Sorry....

Maybe ask yourself how this will reduce the speed of MSFS bug fixing....and therefor unhappy customers..

YOUR customers too.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Not sure if the DC-6 is much worse, but having a dark-ish cockpit that fills a large fraction of the FOV certainly helps to make the issue more apparent on it. If I could choose, I'd like to reduce slightly both the contrast and the brightness, as well as remove the green hue that seems to have appeared since SU5. For now I turned off the colour grading, which made everything look a bit flat and low-contrast, so I increased the contrast and reduced the brigthness a bit in my GPU settings for MSFS. 

Makes sense, just hope they prioritize these issues properly.

59 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

In my honest opinion, you cannot say that from the two pictures taken several hours one after the other. 

I don't disagree at all, but I really do think it shows what i see overall from multiple angles to some degree. The problem is i really would record a video, but i cannot, because i do not have a way of recording the scene in SU-4, if you know what i mean.

It should be noted though that is before the UserCfg changes, and the color and lighting is affecting it. It definitely gets a little better if the color is matched up better. There are some other things too though. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery

6 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Makes sense, just hope they prioritize these issues properly.

I'm not sure this is a issue of MSFS. It depends on the question if PMDG uses the SDK or its own methods to work around the problem.

This issues persists on some addon aircraft and not on the default aircraft.

It's just like in P3D.....(not wanna start a comparison between the sim but a comparison how developer work around problems If they don't like the SDK or the SDK does not support such things).

Not every issue is a MSFS issue.

MSFS has stated more then ones that high resolution textures like 4096 are NOT recommended. 

See what happens.....ORBX, AEROSOFT PMDG are using 4096 textures.

Wait till DX12 comes.......

Working around a problem is not the solution. 

You have to solve the problem to get a proper solution. 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Now imagine Tobii eye tracker integration that will adjust the eye adaption based on where your eyes looking at ? The hardware is already there...

Roi Ben