Sign in to follow this  
Nicolas Constant

WindSailor

Hi All!

I'm making a new tool to help you download and install addons from websites like flightsim.to: WindSailor

https://flightsim.to/file/18195/windsailor

The idea is a bit like my other tool: MSFS Community Downloader, to be able to manage more easily and more efficiently add-ons.
(I mostly made this tool for me at first, since I hate doing the same manual operations again and again and again and again).

With it, just browse your favorite addon website, launch a download, and that it, let the tool handle the download and installation process for you (unzip, find the community folder, delete old plugin, copy new one, etc).

WindSailor is still in a very early state, but many updates are planned and should come soon (like supporting Linker use cases, etc).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Interesting.

I download on a 2nd PC and have to transfer to my sim rig and then install it there. Will it be able to handle that? Like maybe having a task looking for a change in a network folder and triggering action?

What abaout logging in to and out of flightsim.to? I always log out after downloading.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Don 't forget that many people use an addon manager so they install their addon into a different location and not directly into the community folder. So you need to provide a method for the user to specify where he wants the files installed. 

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, kaha said:

Interesting.

I download on a 2nd PC and have to transfer to my sim rig and then install it there. Will it be able to handle that? Like maybe having a task looking for a change in a network folder and triggering action?

What abaout logging in to and out of flightsim.to? I always log out after downloading.

Karl

Currently the tool is really focused on the local machine, maybe you could point the tool to a network folder and install it from there? I can't say I'm supporting out of the box all power-users use-cases, but it should be possible to handle most cases. Feel free to report any issues you might have.

You can logging in and out as you want, see WindSailor like a dedicated browser for addon handling, nothing more.

17 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Don 't forget that many people use an addon manager so they install their addon into a different location and not directly into the community folder. So you need to provide a method for the user to specify where he wants the files installed. 

Yes I'm fully aware of it. My other tool is already fully compliant with those advanced needs.
WindSailor already support custom folder installation, and I'm already working on an update to permit a per package folder installation (in case you want to install each addon in a particular folder).

Edited by Nicolas Constant

Hi Nicolas,

As a regular user of AddonsLinker, I want to start using WindSailor. However so far I cannot understand how to use it. Where do I find a user guide?😡

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx