Sign in to follow this  
JayDee1974

Cant activate Voice Control

Dear FS2Crew Team,

i cannot activate voice control. According to your Voice Control Help Guide I did select Speechrecognition English US and I changed my Windows Language completely to english US. I have no other of the interfering programms running and the control panel still says 

Speech Engine Recognition FAILED

Detected speech recognizer region: Required Speed Recognizer Language not detected.

I am using Windows 10 latest version. The Menus look different from them in your guide, but the options seems to be the same.

Kind Reagrds

JayDee

5 hours ago, JayDee1974 said:

Dear FS2Crew Team,

i cannot activate voice control. According to your Voice Control Help Guide I did select Speechrecognition English US and I changed my Windows Language completely to english US. I have no other of the interfering programms running and the control panel still says 

Speech Engine Recognition FAILED

Detected speech recognizer region: Required Speed Recognizer Language not detected.

I am using Windows 10 latest version. The Menus look different from them in your guide, but the options seems to be the same.

Kind Reagrds

JayDee

Hi JayDee,

Please check the guide one more time.

You need to set English (US) or (UK, AU, IN or CA) here...

This is the screen that ultimately counts:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/images/fs2c_graphics/englishus.jpg

I'm pretty sure you never set English US on this panel.

Send me a screen shot of what your panel looks like (same panel as the screen shot).

Edited by byork

On 8/20/2021 at 5:45 PM, byork said:

Send me a screen shot of what your panel looks like (same panel as the screen shot).

HI,

I've got the same issue and I tried a lot but I never succes to find this panel !!!! How are you going to it ?

It's doesn't look like a Windows 10 menu !

HELP !!!!! 😉

Edited by Math44

1 hour ago, Math44 said:

HI,

I've got the same issue and I tried a lot but I never succes to find this panel !!!! How are you going to it ?

It's doesn't look like a Windows 10 menu !

HELP !!!!! 😉

Please take a 2nd look at the guide:

https://fs2crew.com/fs2crew-voice-control-setup-help/

It's definitely a Windows 10 menu.

Edited by byork

Hello Bryan,

Unfortunatley I have the same issue. I follow JayDee on Youtube too and did all what he and you said here on my windows system. Changed languages in control panel, and on windows 10 seetings. Changed location too (I am living in germany but I changed also in USA). I did all what you shown here on the screenshots. But it not helps. FS2Crew don´t want activate voice control. I got the failure message and on Info screen: Required speech recognizer language not detected. After 5 hours of trying all I am now at the end. Maybe you now an another solution.

big thx for help.

Toby

Maybe another German user can chime in here and help you in German.

We have a very large number of German users.

I don't speak German or use a German version of Windows so it's hard for me to help directly.

But the general rule is:  

This is the panel that counts the most:

Please confirm you set your Speech Recognizer to English US (or UK, AU, IN or CA) here.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/images/fs2c_graphics/englishus.jpg

If English US is set here on this exact panel and it still doesn't work, then from experience the solution is:  Uninstall your audio driver, restart Windows, and let Windows install a generic Windows audio driver. 

Some 3rd party audio drivers don't work with Microsoft Speech Recognition as used by 3rd party developers.

I don't know about German Windows, but on my Windows 10 to get to that panel I go:

Control Panel ... control panel search box.. .type "speech".... I then select "Change Text to Speech Setting".

Then in that panel, I select "Speech Recognition" in the top left corner.

That's how I get there.  I think there are other ways of getting there, but that's how I do it.

Edited by byork
  • Like 1