Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Still can't get ATC to stop using experimental

I am still trying to get ATC to call me something other than Experimental with Milton Shupe's Spartan.Anybody else changed this?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I am still looking for some answers.Thanks,Ron (Bill,Thanks for the response.You have helped me on several occasions and I greatly apreciate it.At one point in fs9 I think I used edit voicepack.At present I have several downloaded AC installed and ATC calls them by Delta,Northwest,United etc.I have an airlines.cfg in my aircraft folder that has all the real airlines names.I think I copied this over from FS9.I also copied UT over from FS9 and it is working.So from that I am deducing that I should be able to get one of those names to work with the spartan if I enter the corrct info in the aorcraft.cfg.Am I on the right track here?Thanks for any help.Ron

>I am still looking for some answers.Thanks,Ron (Bill,Thanks>for the response.You have helped me on several occasions and I>greatly apreciate it.At one point in fs9 I think I used edit>voicepack.At present I have several downloaded AC installed>and ATC calls them by Delta,Northwest,United etc.I have an>airlines.cfg in my aircraft folder that has all the real>airlines names.I think I copied this over from FS9.I also>copied UT over from FS9 and it is working.So from that I am>deducing that I should be able to get one of those names to>work with the spartan if I enter the corrct info in the>aorcraft.cfg.Am I on the right track here?Thanks for any>help.RonFirst, you must have it working in FS9. Checking Milton's default aircraft.cfg, I see the entries for ATC as follows:atc_type =SPARTAN //ATC says "Spartan"atc_model =7W //ATC says "Executive"Edit Voicepack already is configured to recognize/pronounce the words "Spartan" and "Executive."Therefore, if you simply copy/paste the USEnglishBig.gvp (or Evp_Accelerated.gvp) file Edit Woicepack creates over to your FSX ..SoundATC folder, AND make certain that the aircraft.cfg file in the FSX Spartan's folder has the same entries shown above......it WILL work! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for that.Now another problem came up.I had edit voicepack 3.0 installed in FS9.So I went and downloaded and installed 3.1.No particular eason just thought I should.Ran the program and got an error message, which I don't have in front of me,that said it couldn't find the registry path to fs9 and if I didn't know how to manually correct the problem I should reinstall fs9.I have changed nothing in FS9 and I don't want to reinstall since I have tons of add ons even though I may never use it again.I suppose I could just install it to another HD.I have an external 100GB that I use for storage.I am rereading your post.Maybe USEenglishBig.gvp is available for me to copy without running the program?Thanks for your patience.Ron

Thank you for that info.I have it installed.My next question pertains to Bill's post.My FS9 does not have an ATC folder in the sound folder.My FSX does and it contains USEnglishBig.gvp.Where do I find the one to copy over to FSX?Thanks,Ron I will run a search for it,but if you would enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Here is another follow-up.I installed Milton's Howard and ATC recognizes it as "Howard" not experimental,but Spartan is still "Experimental">Thanks for all the help.Ron

Thanks Tom for the help.Ron

OK guys.I have done all of the above.Still getting "Experimental" which is actually sounding pretty good for all this aggravation,but I like to solve the problem.(Not improper grammar, I like to solve the problem)Here is my aircraft.cfg.[fltsim.0]title = Executive VCsim = mspartanmodel = vcpanel = vcsound =texture = urspanel_alias =sound_alias =kb_checklists =kb_reference = spartan_refatc_id =2877atc_id_color =atc_parking_types =atc_parking_code =atc_type=SPARTANatc_model=7W ui_manufacturer = Spartanui_type = Executive-VCui_variation = Originaldescription = Spartan Executive-VCThanks,Ron

I guess the obvious question is, what does FS9's ATC call the aircraft? If it doesn't work in FS9, copying the .gvp file to FSX won't make it work either.First, ensure that FS9 is calling the a/c Spartan and/or Executive...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good point!We'll figure this out yet.

Ron,atc_type= and atc_model= should be in the (General) section of the aircraft.cfg.Give it a try.Regards,JerryH

HooRay!Finally got it!That last tip was the final solution Jerry.Thank you all for all the help.Learned a lot from this little project.Registry repair,editvoicepack and proper aircraft.cfg.Thaks again.Ron