Sign in to follow this  
ITDreamFly

No V1, Rotate announcement

Hello everyone.

First of all, I love the fs2crew add-ons for the MSFS.

There is just one thing that is bugging me. I know that the F/O should do certain tasks, like set flaps etc, but as I have hardware that would be in a inconsistent state compared to the Sim, I only use the fs2crew FBW add-on as a kind of voice assistent (I know that is not the primary purpose). Therefore I deactivated the automatic execution of F/O flows, which leaves me in command and this has worked great overall. The only thing that I have not been able to get to work is the F/O helping me on my takeoff in terms of announcements. I announce takeoff (recognized using voice control and fs2crew seems to be in the correct state, as the assistance panel suggests the phrase), read out the FMA (may not have been recognized, probably user error) and expect the F/O to call out V1 and rotate, so that I can concentrate on the takeoff without constantly checking my instruments. The V1 and VR callout never happen… Any suggestions? Is there a specific trigger I am missing or is it impossible to use this feature without automatic flow execution? 

On a side note (not as Important currently: How does the update process of the fs2crew add-ons work? Does it automatcally update, or do I get a notification that an update is available when using fs2crew, or do I have to regularly check the fs2crew website for updates?

Thank you for your help.

I see the problem.  Because you disabled the FO Flows, FS2Crew is not going into "takeoff mode" because it gets put into takeoff mode during the FO's little takeoff flow.

I'll correct this shortly.

I'll be releasing a mini hotfix for some little issues probably tomorrow.

• Like 2

Hello byork,

exciting, that is great news, thank you!

You just made a customer very happy. Looks like I am going to have to buy your future MSFS add-ons, too 😓. They are just great. Money well spent I guess.