Sign in to follow this  
Twitch Ripfix

Brake Fan activation

I don't see how admin rights could make any difference and affect the brake fan.

Try it in Button Control just to thoroughly eliminate the possibility of a false voice detection.

Also to help test and isolate, you could also open the Manual Flow selector, and manually trigger a lot of the flows to see what happens.

54 minutes ago, byork said:

Please do the same thing as Twitch so we can isolate if it's just a false voice detection, or if maybe even the FBW aircraft itself is turning it on automatically somehow.

Thanks,

I will do a test.

BTW

I am on Dev mod and adminrights.

MAX

negative on the flows and the button control. tested it twice again with voice and brakefans were both time no activated. i have no clue what is going on. if it was an issue with the voice regocnition its weird that the command was not listed in the speech field and also that "gear down" dont sound anything near to "brake fans on"

i`m lost xD

yes but i will test tomorrow.

I am 99% sure this is a bug. Since i have fs2crew FBW brake fans are ON on takeoff and landing.

Before taxi, there is the command brakecheck. That was my first thinking. But as i said. Its on landing too.

Max

Edited by maxhades

Without being able to see the FS2Crew panel, I can't see what's being detected by the speech system.

Did it happen at the exact same spot?

I still think it's a false voice detection issue.  Looking at the code, that's all it could really be.

I tried to simulate what the group is reporting, using Development version of FBW A32NX, voice control, open mic.

Brake fan turned on automatically during or after the Before Takeoff Checklist while taxiing up to runway.  It turned off automatically after takeoff and gear up command and retraction.

Brake fan turned on automatically on approach at gear down command.  It turned off during parking flow at gate.

Hi Steve,

Please try again using Push to Talk mode.  

Also, please replicate the flight without using FS2Crew.

It's either a false voice recognition or FBW changed something.  That's my theory at the moment.

You guys aren't riding the brakes are you?

Edited by byork

Oh My! It took all my self control to hold back from saying "perhaps he has flown with you before"!  LOL!  Just humor at the issue...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1.  No FBW, used PBE for pushback. All manual pre-flight setup.

Result: No brake fan light during taxi or takeoff.

2.  PBE and FBW, voice control with PTT only. Used PFE for both apps.

27 minutes ago, stevegreenspan said:

1.  No FBW, used PBE for pushback. All manual pre-flight setup.

2.  PBE and FBW, voice control with PTT only. Used PFE for both apps.

Based on that report, it's a false voice detection issue, which makes sense code wise.

We really have to bring back the CVR log we had in the old FS2Crew's so we have a written log of what the speech system "hears".

With an open mic, the speech system can pick up any sound and possibly falsely interpret it.

Edited by byork

Now i have done a flight in Norway.

FBW Devmode/Voice control/Open mic(PTT doesn't work for me-Headset with mic, and thats a problem on VATSIM🤷🏻‍♂️)

On this flight the copilot doesn't set the brakefans ON. I have done everything absolutly correctly with the assist manager. Speaking in best english i can aso...

I too have very often flights with brakefans activated on takeoff. But not today. A bit braking on taxiway, landing set to LOW. Landing, Gear down the Co pilot sets brakefans on.

Could it be it has something to do with outside temps? Than this would be a nice feature!

Max

😅

Edited by maxhades

Greetings!

ok, so i did a flight yesterday night again to see what happens. again fbw exp. build. PTT voice. no issues on takeoff. after putting landing gear down F/O turned on Brakefan again. Again no indication of a "Brake fans on" in the cvr log.. BUT after rewatching it, i noticed that F/O said "checked" twice this time. so maybe he somehow did understand something with brake fans and did both brake fan and gear down with one voicecommand (if this is even possible). Both commands still dont sound alike, not even signalwise. For now its just deactivating the brake fans when this happens.

Would it possible to do a check/uncheck option for the Brakefan control?