Sign in to follow this  
sammy

FBW A320 profile for StreamDeck XL

Hello, I tried to use FBW A320 profile for streamdeck. AxisAndOHs and its StreamDeck plugin installed. ndp48 & vcredist installed. AAO connected, FBW A320 identified. The profile is clearly identified by stream deck but whenever I press a button (such as strobe, wing ice, spoiler arm), I do not observe any effect on my A320 overhead.

What did I miss? Thanks for your help.

Alain

26 minutes ago, sammy said:

I tried to use FBW A320 profile for streamdeck

What did I miss? Thanks for your help.

Did you contact the author of the profile, what the prerequisites are? Usually there are scripts that have to be installed, etc.

As for AxisAndOhs itself:

• AAO must be started "As Administrator"
  • The WebAPI must be enabled in the AAO menu "Tools"
  • If there is another program on your computer that is blocking port 9080, the port must be changed - both in AAO (Tools menu) and in the plugin (file "settings.js"). Try 6080 instead.
    This issue would be visible as connection errors in the Elgato debug console. 

LORBY-SI

Yes:

AAO started as administartor

Webapi enabled

port changed to 6080 both in AAO & the plugin

But it does not work

On AAO main page, Airbus A32NX is connected but nothing is written under axis and buttons ???

26 minutes ago, sammy said:

Airbus A32NX is connected but nothing is written under axis and buttons ???

There won't be anything to see there. Most of the StreamDeck profiles I know communicate directly with the simulator via the AAO WebAPI.

I suggest that you contact the author of the profile. Make sure that you didn't miss anything when installing it, especially scripts or templates that need to go into AAO.

On a further note, double check that the AAO WASM module is present and active. You will find it in your Community folder as "lorbysi-content-hooks". 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks, I contacted the author of the profile and he replied that he just wrote the profile and is not responsible of AAO install.....

I followed precisely the prerequisites (ndp48 & vcredist...)

I loaded the scipts that appear on the stream deck main page

I tried to suspend kaspersky for 5 min

but no communication with MSFS????

Best

10 minutes ago, sammy said:

I followed precisely the prerequisites (ndp48 & vcredist...)

What is that supposed to mean? Prerequisites for what? The FBW profile? AxisAndOhs StreamDeck profiles that use the plugin don't have any relation to VC++ or .Net. 

When AAO detects the plane, it is working. Nothing more to it, except the WASM module, as detailed above.

but no communication with MSFS????

Network security, firewall blocking the ports?

Try using your local IP in the settings.js instead of localhost. Activate the Elgato debug console to get more information about what is going wrong.

Also, when making changes to the settings.js, the Elgato software has to be completely shut down (with the symbol in the system tray) and restarted.

he replied that he just wrote the profile and is not responsible of AAO install.....

That's not the point. All profiles that I know need scripts that you have to install in AAO. You need to make sure which ones they are and if you have all of them in AAO. The profile distribution file should have instructions and a couple of XML files that have to be imported into AAO.

To check basic functionality, download the "little gauges" profile by Guenseli from flightsim to. They use default simulator variables.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

18 minutes ago, sammy said:

what is elgato debug console?

Create your own plugin - Developer Documentation (elgato.com)

Scroll down a little bit, the heading is "Debugging".

But seriously, if you are just trying the demo version and it doesn't work for you, don't invest too much time. It is entirely possible that network security is so tight on your computer, that it just doesn't want to work. That is exactly the purpose of the demo, so you don't buy it if it doesn't work for you.

Did you try the "Little gauges" profile?

Oh, and I just remembered - you also need to know for what version of the FBW that profile was made. It is not uncommon that things that work in the development version don't work in the release and the other way round.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

4 minutes ago, sammy said:

I have found the log file for streamdeck how shall I sent it to you?

Not yet. I don't think that this contains useful information. 

LORBY-SI

too late I bought the complete version from simmarket but I tried to suspend kasperky for 5 minutes and there are no changes so I do not think it is a network security issue?

which debugging java script compile?

I tried little gauges but I cannot find an action to use with fbwA32NX?

1 minute ago, sammy said:

too late I bought the complete version from simmarket

Well, it says quite clearly in the shop that you have to try the DEMO first and that there will be no support if you don't.

Anyway. It is always network security. If it was a systematic bug, all customers would have it. Something on your computer suppresses the IP communication between the plugin and AAO. I can't tell you what it is, I can only offer generic advice.

Once again. Please try the "Little gauges" profile first. Then, send an email to the address on the last page of the manual, including your proof of purchase (order number).

LORBY-SI