Sign in to follow this  
sammy

FBW A320 profile for StreamDeck XL

I actually did install the AAO StreamDeck plugin.  But to be sure, I went ahead and installed AGAIN from the website with same results.  all ? marks.

And yes, I was an word not allowed and bought it before trying the demo.  Not looking for anything other then help here.  We keep getting kicked back and forth between authors.  

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, harvesthunt said:

Not looking for anything other then help here. 

All I know is that the ? mean that the plugin, that this profile has been made with, is not installed and/or not available to the Elgato software. Make sure to restart your computer after installing the plugin.

If the plugin is installed correctly, it lives here:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\com.lorbysi.aao.sdPlugin

and you have a section of "Lorby-SI AxisAndOhs" Actions in the right hand treelist of the Elgato software.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, harvesthunt said:

But to be sure, I went ahead and installed AGAIN from the website with same results.

What website is that? What did you download exactly?

What you are supposed to download is "com.lorbysi.aao.streamdeckplugin_4_44.zip" from "axisandohs dot weebly dot com slash downloads"
Then you extract the plugin file "com.lorbysi.aao.streamDeckPlugin" from the ZIP to your desktop and doubleclick it there. You should then get a message from the Elgato software when the plugin is installed.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

lorbyaxisandohs_install_msfs.zip from "axisandohs dot weebly dot com slash downloads"

I see now the file xxxxxstreamdeckplugin_4_44.zip.  To be honest, that's the first time I've seen (or at least remember) reference to this file.  I kept thinking the AAO script that everyone was talking about was the msfs one.   

As soon as I get home I'll download and install the correct file and report back.  

Thank you Lorbi-si-

2 hours ago, harvesthunt said:

To be honest, that's the first time I've seen (or at least remember) reference to this file. 

The author of the StreamDeck profile that you have downloaded earlier should have provided that information. And all profiles that I have seen to date do just that, they state clearly that you need the AAO plugin first, either in their documentation or the description on their download site (like flightsim dot to)

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

lorbyaxisandohs_install_msfs.zip from "axisandohs dot weebly dot com slash downloads"

That is the DEMO version of the AxisAndOhs app. This app provides a web-based API that the AAO Plugin (on the same page) uses to talk to the simulator. Once all that has been installed and the connection between AAO and the Plugin has been established (be mindful of the troubleshooting guide on the AAO download page!), only then can you start using StreamDeck profiles.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Seems to be working perfectly now.  I was installing the demo version file thinking it was the correct one.  And on all those plugins, i see now it's mentioned that I must install the AAO plugin first.  The problem, for me at least, is it was unclear that there was even a different file than the one I was installing (demo i guess in my case).  I am going to head over to the plugin page and make a note of this.  I guarantee there are tons of msfs2020 users out there using the demo and not realizing they even need the afore mentioned file.  Hence loss of sales.  Just my 2 cents worth.

But in any case... I truly appreciate you helping me out.  I was in NO DOUBT it was something I was doing wrong, but at first was just being told I was doing something wrong, without any assistance.  So thank you,  I will make sure everyone I mention this to knows that Lorby finally helped 🙂

I guarantee there are tons of msfs2020 users out there using the demo and not realizing they even need the afore mentioned file.  Hence loss of sales. 

Well, I don't know. Driving StreamDecks is hardly the primary function of AxisAndOhs. But the app has that nice WebAPI built in, which can be used by any software product to "do something with the sim".

The StreamDeck plugin is just an example that I made, it shows how to use the AxisAndOhs API in a JavaScript implementation. And all those profiles that you find online have been made by dedicated enthusiasts. 

Neither the plugin nor the profiles are part of the package that you buy in the shops - they are just freeware additions. Anybody who feels that he can improve the plugin, or write an app that drives a different kind of hardware through the WebAPI (like the Bridges on the same website do) is very welcome to do so.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

The problem, for me at least, is it was unclear that there was even a different file than the one I was installing (demo i guess in my case). 

I have rearranged the webpage a little bit and made the header for the plugin bigger. But it isn't the only asset on that page, so it shouldn't overshadow the rest that comes below it. It is just "a" thing that you can attach to the AAO WebAPI, it is not the only one.

I thought that the profile descriptions usually say that you need both the AAO application and the AAO StreamDeckPlugin. I know that those by Guenseli do.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Just now realizing that AOO is WAY more than just streamdeck.  That's on me for sure.  And it sure does say that the streamdeck plugin is needed on the plugin that I was using.,  It was all my confusion.  I kept thinking that the streamdeck plugin being referred to was was I was downloading from that author.  Only NOW do I realize it's something totally different.  Again, on me.

Thanks for hanging in there with me though.  I feel I'm pretty squared away now.  Maybe this will help someone as well.  

ps... looking forward to diving deeper into AAO myself 😉