Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but..........

>You seem to be of the opinion that we should shut up and>accept what we get so we don't make Aces mad at us. You seem>to have it backwards. If THEY don't get their act together>its OUR dollars that they don't get. I'm not paying for the>privilige of having someone to talk to me and make me feel>good...I have a dog for that.>Hmmmmmmmmmmm,I didn't see Ron as writing anything close to what you have just quoted him for. Is your medical current? You might need glasses...L.Adamson

>Ron:>>You give it a break, if Phil, Hal and the other's don't show>up because many are upset with the product they delivered so>be it. What you call vitrol some see as a legitimate gripe.>>You seem to be of the opinion that we should shut up and>accept what we get so we don't make Aces mad at us. You seem>to have it backwards. If THEY don't get their act together>its OUR dollars that they don't get. I'm not paying for the>privilige of having someone to talk to me and make me feel>good...I have a dog for that.>>I don't see any posts attacking anyone in Redmond personally. >The perception that FSX is substandard is just as vaild as FSX>being the greatest thing since ******* walked the earth. >>The Aces team is working on the problem and it is more than>fair to leave them alone to do their work but in the world,>outside the FS Community, do you really think that a game that>only half the audience can use 6 MONTHS after its release>wouldn't have end-users burning the developers in effigy? >>If you think that we're being unfair, you might want to take a>peek at the Nvidia or Creative Labs forums...it would seem>their efforts have been substandard too.>>I'll take that cup of coffee now! :-)>>

"I don't see any posts attacking anyone in Redmond personally."If you look around Tom had to step in on one this morning...something about a really bad dude...there have been others in the last 2 days-if they have not been taken out already for offence and violation of avsim's rules-have a look around.I have raised 3 kids-last one in college-and was enjoying not to have to deal with all that stuff anymore. These boards seem to keep me right there... :( I just love getting the stream of email complaints every day-just what I want to do in life right now.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

>>You give it a break, if Phil, Hal and the other's don't show>>up because many are upset with the product they delivered so>>be it. What you call vitrol some see as a legitimate gripe.>>No Mike, that's not it......Some flight simmers are just little "weenies" that hide behind the internet constantly spitting venom! I remember the same thing happening with FLY. Some super "weenie" claiming to be lawyer, threatend the originator & lead programmer with a lawsuit, because the program didn't fit his personal needs. As usual, I jumped all over this jerk! I suppose that's my personality!Yet, in reality, the FLY program was taking flight simming to new heights, with it's panel and system modeling, but the **** with that, because it didn't fit everyones mindset of what a simulation should do.And the same "weenies" are at it again. Banding like a lynch mob over a $70.00 program, because it's not fitting their exact personal needs! It's to **** with what the program can do, but only with what it can't do! And it's to **** with others that like it, because it's not what they like!Nothing changes does it! It's been the same since flight simulation became open ended! Just a bunch of simmers acting like little children hiding behind the protective curtain of the internet, acting real tough over an entertainment title!I'm out of here --- forever. Page deleted....L.Adamson

Guest Len

>>Here is my simple message to ACES/Microsoft,>>>>1) Develop your new flight simulators to run on currently>>available hardware, and forget your "future proofing" theory>>silliness.>>2) Develop a new flight simulator every 5 to 8 years, no>>sooner. We don't need, nor want, a new flight simulator>every>>2 to 3 years like you have done in the past. Go develop a>>train simulator or something.>>3) Improve your ethics when it comes to marketing your>>products, and don't make claims about your software that are>>not true in an effort to build up hype. You over-built>>peoples expectation about your latest simulation, and this>is>>why people are so upset now.>>>>You do these three things, and you would eliminate most of>the>>frustration that is being directed at you. It is not hatred>>for Microsoft, or for ACES. We are upset because of our>>actual experiences with a product that we paid $70 for that>we>>thought was going to be much better than what it is. Most>of>>us don't even have this $70 software installed on our>>computers right now, and probably won't for another year>from>>now.>>>>As far as you a really excited user out there, you are becoming one of the>>big problems of the PC gaming industry. PC game developers>>are starting to skip the testing phase of their products>>before releasing them because they know they can depend on>you>>to do the testing for them after you buy the game. You seem>>to be happy playing these unfinished games, so they just>keep>>releasing unfinished games to you so you can BETA test them.>>>They will then release a patch for the game after you spend>>several frustrating months testing it for them. Don't>>willingly take this unfair treatment from game developers. >>Let's see, your here less than 2 months with a whooping 28>posts and you have the audacity to claim you are talking for>us! Be careful how you wield the word WE around. >>>> >Well he speaks for me, in part at least, regardless of his number of posts.

Guest Len

I'm out of here --- forever. Page deleted....L.Adamson:-wave

Guest LeeWang

""I'm out of here --- forever. Page deleted...."":-eekMr L.Adamson, I sure hope not. Agreed, people hide behind their keyboards and enjoy attacking people. It gives them power. My problem, is my English. I put something down, people read it the wrong way, and bam, the personal attack begins. I like to debate things, laugh and share ideas. Yes sometimes things get silly, but all in fun. I hope you found your elephants?For anyone I offended due to my bad English, I apologize. But Mr L.Adamson, you can't go yet, I've just put my boxing gloves on!! :-swordLee

Guest FxF3

I'm just glad were got a new Flight Sim FS9 was nice. I was just ready to move on and FSX gave me what I wanted. Nice to see some addons from MS/ACES also.Now that the patch is only a few days to weeks from being out that also will be nice. I'm pretty happy with FSX it never really bogs down on me so FPS are not really a problem. AS far as ATC or real flight. I have no ideal to be honest if my plane gets off the ground and makes it back on the ground I'm happy.:) Something with ATC if it tells me where to go before I take off and where to go when I land I'm happy there also.............There really is to much more in life to thank about then not being happy with a $70.00 game or sim. I do hope this board claims down again and just enjoy life and let others do the same even if we do like or don't like FSX.

These threads waste a lot of bandwidth, perhaps you should just delete them, I see no point for them.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

This whole thread is pretty unbelievable. I must say I'm amazed at how well Phil has handled this unruly crowd and posted detailed information on his blog. Is anyone reading it, or is it just too much fun to grouse?Obviously you guys can read or you wouldn't be posting on forums. So is this an attention deficit problem maybe? Get the facts and debate them if you must, but stop with the conspiracies and how we are intentionally ripping you off or whatever.At one time when I was outside of MS looking in I called them/us the evil empire and I might have even jumped into a little bashing. Now that I'm on the inside looking out, the perspective is very different. I'm not the subject of mind control at MS, we just don't have the malavolent intentions some think we have (at least not in our studio if anywhere).I'm not sure I can continue to be as gracious as Phil has been. We know we have let many people down and we are trying to correct that with SP1. I'm sure most users would rather get SP1 as quickly as possible and that is part of the delay getting DX10 support out. Wouldn't you rather have a general perf improvment and other fixes before we deliver DX10 for the very small minority of folks that are running Vista and have a DX10 card? I know I would.And for those that say to wait 5-8 years between versions, if we did that FSX would be the last of the line. If you don't want a new version every 3 years (or whatever it takes us to build it), then don't buy it. I'm not sure the extra 50 bucks is worth the aggrevation for everyone else (of course the marketing guy might feel differently).Mr Adamson, I do hope you will continue to post on other forums that are less hostile (we monitor and post in many of them).Oh yeah, to the anti warplane poster. Racing Mustangs don't carry guns. They're just to heavy and induce a lot of drag. Although I don't have any problem with warbirds anyway...

We are talking right now about this situation-trust me it won't go on or be tolerated anymore.I apologize if I haven't been more aggressive in my duties as co-moderator- I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary and I can't be here all the time. After getting my last kid off to college I thought I was done with scolding and setting barriers-it appears I have another round to go thru! :-)..and yes I hope Larry sticks around-he is one of the original old sim salts like me. You and Phil too-and thanks for speaking your mind.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest Thad

Well said, Paul.Glad to see you're still checking and posting in the forums. I've began to frequent some of the less hostel forums more and more lately. Avsim is a great community but things have certainly gotten out of control around here in recent months.I'm looking forward to SP1 and the Adrenaline expansion pack. I been enjoying the multiplayer aspects of FSX alot and I look forward to doing some air racing in the future.I did notice an issue, in Vista, getting the voice communication to use the usb headset I purchased. I made a post about it a few days ago and set an email to tell_fs. Can you give me any advice on how to setup the, voice comms, audio in Vista or if it will be addressed in SP1?Thanks,-Thad

...here are three salient questions to consider:1) Why is there an automatic assumption that the ACES team is developing the aircraft for the FSX: Adrenaline expansion pack?2) Why is there an automatic assumption that the ACES team is developing the specialize scenery for the FSX: Adrenaline expansion pack?3) Why is there an automatic assumption that the ACES team is developing the new Missions for the FSX: Adrenaline expansion pack?Solicitations were made many months ago for third-party developers to submit bona fides to ACES for possible consideration. Granted, one would have to know where to look to find these "open job postings," but devs (for the most part at least) know where and how to find them... ...could it just be that the FSX: Adrenaline addon will be mostly the result of contracted third party devs?I honestly don't know for certain myself, but at least I'm still able to take all the various "coincidences" and add them up to at least a reasonable hypothesis... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Admin's comment: This was an unnecessary attack on a poster about a post made pages ago. This is exactly the type of post that will not be tolerated here anymore.Post removed.