Sign in to follow this  
kpop1364

Remove virtual cockpit

On 9/15/2021 at 8:15 PM, sal9000 said:

Because you don´t have to got a one to one Homecockpit from a 737 or A320 and a lot of fun with,

you have to sit at your fathers couch playing X-Box with a controller on the Livingroom TV, 10 Minutes before the World Series began 🤣

You've totally misunderstood what he was saying.

He was supporting the provision of a no-cockpit view.  From your blabbings about him not having a full size airliner cockpit (and some random comment about baseball), you seem to think he was questioning the need for such a feature.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

This is a very good question and its surprising the game does not have a forward view option without the VC.

One solution I can think off is to remove the invisible camera bounding box by tweaking the .cfg file in all the planes you want to fly. Now fire up the game and for each plane set up a view thats outside and bind that to a key. For example numpad 8  = forward view no VC

Edited by ThrottleUp

I likewise have long bemoaned that Microsoft 2020 did not include the full screen cockpit view with mini-panel. It helped land the aircraft and was also great for scenery viewing.

This message string and the other recent one in the AVSIM Tips and  Tricks Forum brought me great hope but alas only frustration at the moment because I cannot even get to square one and save a camera.cfg file.  I follow all the instruction to no avail and I think there must be something I am missing.  I have never used the camera functions before and suspect there may be some fundamental on/off command I am missing.

I have little to offer in the way of info – I get my cockpit view open on the ground and expand to the forward-most position then try ctr-alt -5 (or other numbers) with numlock on and off – no folder or camera.cfg created in the Airplanes folder (There already is one folder Asobo_C172sp_classic, with a camera.cfg file, presumably created as a default at some time).

Any suggestions?

Nigel

Vancouver

I managed to remove the virtual cockpit by editing the model.cfg for the aircraft. I use The Steam edition,

Using the A320-NEO as an example ,find the model.cfg in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\asobo-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO\model

Open the model.cfg

edit the lines below

withInterior_showExterior=true ,to
withInterior_showExterior=false

this should remove the aircraft model .

interior=A320_NEO_INTERIOR.xml ,to
;interior=A320_NEO_INTERIOR.xml

this should remove the vc .

• Like 2