Sign in to follow this  
jjn47

Tail number not appearing on plane exterior

I enter the tail number in the field on the customization screen and select show tail number, but it doesn't appear on any of the planes I select.  The default livery 152 displays no tail number on the exterior.  Some of the other planes display the Asobo tail number.  Anyone else have this problem?

32 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try again.... has been working fine for me.

Ok Bert, I'll keep trying.

16 minutes ago, jjn47 said:

Ok Bert, I'll keep trying.

C152 works for me..

Bert

After entering the tail number, don't forget to press Enter. That caught me out for a bit until I read about it here. (Same for the other fields on that screen). Also, don't be surprised if the next time you go to that screen the fields are blank again, but not to worry, what you entered previously is still there, just not being shown. It's a minor bug from one of the updates a while ago.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

28 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

After entering the tail number, don't forget to press Enter. That caught me out for a bit until I read about it here. (Same for the other fields on that screen). Also, don't be surprised if the next time you go to that screen the fields are blank again, but not to worry, what you entered previously is still there, just not being shown. It's a minor bug from one of the updates a while ago.

...jim

Jim, I didn't know I had to hit enter.  I'll try that tomorrow.  Did this start being required after one of the updates?

7 minutes ago, jjn47 said:

Jim, I didn't know I had to hit enter.  I'll try that tomorrow.  Did this start being required after one of the updates?

Does not matter at this point.  But heed what Jim said about returning to that entry.  Despite the fact that you have entered and established a global tail number, that field will be empty when you return.  Do nothing.  Back out and go fly again.  Despite being empty, if you do nothing the tail number you previously established will still be present.

The G36 Bonanza and DA62 are both working for me with my spec'd tail number.  I believe the G58 Baron as well.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Apparently, I have established a Global Tail Number about 2 updates ago and cannot get rid of it.  Is there a way?  It's very annoying when flying a paint that already has a Registration painted on.

Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Apparently, I have established a Global Tail Number about 2 updates ago and cannot get rid of it.  Is there a way?  It's very annoying when flying a paint that already has a Registration painted on.

Ta!

Click in the field. Press the Del key enough times to equal the number of characters in the tail number. Then do the same with the Backspace key. Press Enter.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Thanks for the suggestion- unfortunately that doesn't work for me.... still stuck with the persistent registration problem.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

5 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Thanks for the suggestion- unfortunately that doesn't work for me.... still stuck with the persistent registration problem.

C

Strange. Worked for me. One last thing, after clicking in the field, do not move the mouse cursor away from that field before pressing the del/backspace key, followed by the enter key.

...jim

Deja Vue-

After a long hiatus from GA flying, I've been tempted once again, and incredibly whilst awaiting SU15 find myself facing the No Registration Numbers on default aircraft issue once more.  Is there a solution for this git?

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I suppose Show tail number is ON and tail number added.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD