Sign in to follow this  
FlightSpinner

I'm so glad I finally got MSFS

36 minutes ago, kingdom421 said:

I am not sure that "minor issues" is correct .

I bought the program over a year ago.

I have been using the MS help service for over a month because virtually none of the equipment being used to operate the software can have the appropriate bindings assigned. Every suggestion made to solve the problem has failed.

I have both the Alpha Yoke and Bravo quadrant attached and recognised and apparently a lot of buttons assigned but in practice none of them operate or can be replaced manually.

Obviously there are many people without problems but the many forums show that there are plenty of people frustrated by a wide number of problems.

For  me the program at present is "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE" because it just cannot be used.

So I do not think that "Minor issues" is appropriate.

Rather than update and  provide multi gigabyte improvements they should fix all of the current issues first.

For those without problems enjoy it looks great in the adds.

To each their own, in my use of the program, it’s been nothing but minor issues, all issues I’ve come across I’ve been able to remedy apart from some minor ones that are still present…Unfortunately I don’t have a crystal ball and can compare with everyone’s system..so had I said I had major issues, then I’d be lying, cause I don’t have major issues and in my experience it’s more than fit for purpose.

So yes, minor issues is absolutely correct, from what I’ve noticed, but I understand for you, its not fit for purpose…However I can’t say it’s not fit for purpose as I’m purposing it most everyday! Also no issues with the bravo and alpha, some keys are harder to bind I’ll admit, but there is usually a work around. 

I truly hope you can get the issues sorted at your end, I know it can be frustrating.

Cheers! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why are there so many posts about problems with Alpha yokes and Bravo quads. I read complaint after complaint about these two hardware products having problems. Glad I don't use either one. 

I don't think the problem is with either it is the MS2020 software that is at fault . Many people with those items regard them as top of the range and they work flawlessly so it must be the software.

When the MS help desk can't solve the problem who else is likely to?

Regards

4 hours ago, kingdom421 said:

I find the forums more helpful than the MS helpdesk.

Why not take one specific problem and ask for help here?

Make it a new topic with a clear title.

I would not be surprised if a fellow simmer would pop up and offer a solution.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

5 hours ago, kingdom421 said:

I don't think the problem is with either it is the MS2020 software that is at fault . Many people with those items regard them as top of the range and they work flawlessly so it must be the software.

Regards

I have both the Alpha and Bravo and am using both with no issues. 

What exactly is the problem you're having?

The controllers setup routines can be pretty confusing, at least to me.  But once you understand it it's not terrible, and I think there are some pluses for it, but it is much less intuitive than FSX/P3D, or so it seems.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X