Sign in to follow this  
David C

Windows 11 compatibility ?

Hi everyone,

Since I have updated my computer to Windows 11, Pilot2Atc doesn t work !

A lot of buttons are missing. Impossible to use it !

David

Edited by David C

No error message to help you. And application is not usuable.

Sorry if i m not able to share a screenshot but here is what I can explain.

Since Windows 11 update :

• Black screen in the flightplan part (new-validate-file buttons are missing, the same for SID-STAR-Approch-Import-export-load-save buttons)
  • Black screen in the map part (no option to change map type or map options)
  • Import Flightplan do nothing
  • Config menu seems Ok
  • Taxi Menu seems Ok
  • Connect function seems Ok but no map, no flightplan displayed)

Thanks for your help. 

David

I got something similar. My fix was to uninstall it and rename the install folder and do a complete reinstall. I don't know if this will work for you but it did for me. I don't think it would hurt anything if you tried tho.

And here is the log. If it can help Dave. We can see an error with the frmP2AMain Load.

By advance Thx.

-----------------------------------------------------

Program StartedPilot 2 ATC (P2A) - version 2.6.2.3_x64_R2  10/07/2021 09:30:00
Trying to create DB_Dyno.
DB_Dyno created successfully.
Init 15% done.
Trying to create DB_Base.
DB_Base created successfully.
Application frmP2AMain starting 10/07/2021 09:30:29
Loading Joystick Devices - 6 devices loaded.
Loading Form
Main form opened: Pilot2ATC 2020 v. 2.6.2.3_x64_R2      Navigraph - AIRAC cycle: 1801
Joystick Device number 0 successfully activated.
Error in frmP2AMain Load
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Speech.Internal.Helpers.CompareInvariantCulture(CultureInfo culture1, CultureInfo culture2)
   at System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.CalcMatchValue(CultureInfo culture, VoiceGender gender, VoiceAge age, VoiceInfo voiceInfo)
   at System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.MatchVoice(InstalledVoice defaultTokenInfo, CultureInfo culture, VoiceGender gender, VoiceAge age, Int32 variant, List`1 tokensInfo)
   at System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.MatchVoice(CultureInfo culture, VoiceGender gender, VoiceAge age, Int32 variant, Boolean switchContext, InstalledVoice& viDefault)
   at System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.GetEngineWithVoice(TTSVoice defaultVoice, VoiceInfo defaultVoiceId, String name, CultureInfo culture, VoiceGender gender, VoiceAge age, Int32 variant, Boolean switchContext)
   at System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer.SelectVoiceByHints(VoiceGender gender, VoiceAge age, Int32 voiceAlternate, CultureInfo culture)
   at P2A_2020.modTTSGlobal.gPilotVoiceChanged()
   at P2A_2020.frmP2AMain.c3e25b757a7fa4d178b5e3d21b153338e()
   at P2A_2020.frmP2AMain.c424c0727d8265a54a468474462fc820d()
   at P2A_2020.frmP2AMain.c4acddb6593079e134d55e579f4382726(Object cb25b07786a6e786dea76cf87175f59f0, EventArgs cb4d4bf05d278f00a41fc902f6c5d26a2)
Native library pre-loader is trying to load native SQLite library "C:\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\x64\SQLite.Interop.dll"...
SQLiteVersion: 3.32.1 | 2020-05-25 16:19:56 0c1fcf4711a2e66c813aed38cf41cd3e2123ee8eb6db98118086764c4ba83350 | INTEROP_EXTENSION_FUNCTIONS INTEROP_FTS5_EXTENSION INTEROP_JSON1_EXTENSION INTEROP_PERCENTILE_EXTENSION INTEROP_REGEXP_EXTENSION INTEROP_SESSION_EXTENSION INTEROP_SHA1_EXTENSION INTEROP_TOTYPE_EXTENSION INTEROP_VIRTUAL_TABLE NET_46 PRELOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY THROW_ON_DISPOSED TRACE TRACE_PRELOAD TRACE_SHARED TRACE_WARNING USE_INTEROP_DLL USE_PREPARE_V2 WINDOWS
 GPS FlightPlan Changed - 10/07/2021 09:42:31
NewGPSWpt: LFMN
Application frmP2AMain ended normally 10/07/2021 09:42:49
Object of type SlimDX.DirectInput.Joystick was not disposed. Stack trace of object creation:
Total of 1 objects still alive.

The error you are getting seems to be related to language/culture, but I would recommend you go through the entire new install process so you get the language set to English-US, the English-US Speech Recognition Engine installed, sound input device set properly, etc.

Dave

It works Dave ! It was a language problem. Exactly what you said. I had to convert Microsoft voices (following the youtube video below) with my Windows 11 version. Thank you for all Dave. And I hope that will help other people who will update their computer to Windows 11. David

• Like 1

Pilot2ATC works fine in Windows 11 but FSUIPC which P2A depends upon doesn't work properly in Windows11. It constantly crashes. Having looked at the FSUIPC forum, John says there is no support for Win11 in FSUIPC and he has no intention of adding support anytime soon. Dave I think its time to start using Simconnect as an interconnect so you dont have to rely on a 3rd party anymore.

Cheers, Andy.

Commercial software not supporting the current Microsoft OS (all supported hardware is being 'pushed' towards Windows 11 via Windows Update, and it is standard on new systems) is incredibly short sighted, and the attitude of John's post seems more than a little arrogant.

Disappointing.

Edited by TwoSuitz
Typo

On 10/8/2021 at 1:43 AM, David C said:

It works Dave ! It was a language problem. Exactly what you said. I had to convert Microsoft voices (following the youtube video below) with my Windows 11 version. Thank you for all Dave. And I hope that will help other people who will update their computer to Windows 11. David

Dave, did you do anything else. This tutorial worked with Win10 but the upgrade to Win11 killed my TTS-voices and for me it doesn't work with Win11. I still find only those standard voices.

Hi All,

I couldnt run p2atc on win 11 either. when ı went back to win 10 it worked . However, now ı have to stay on win 11 and when ı try to run p2atc this is what ı get. Does anyone know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Database Error
Unable to initialize Database
System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityException: The underlying provider failed on Open. --> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.
)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolldentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserinstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling, SqlAuthenticationProviderManager sqlAuthProviderManager) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolkey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooled Connection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options,
DbConnectionPoolKey poolkey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions,
DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owning Connection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions,
DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory,
TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
retry)
at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.InternalDispatcher 1.Dispatch TTarget,TinterceptionContext] (Target target, Action 2 operation, TinterceptionContext interceptionContext, Action 3 executing, Action 3 executed)
at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.DbConnection Dispatcher.Open(DbConnection connection, DblnterceptionContext interceptionContext)
at System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.DefaultSqlExecutionStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<Execute>b__00
at System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.DefaultSqlExecution Strategy.Execute TResult] (Func'1 operation)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityClient.EntityConnection.Open(
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityClient.EntityConnection.Open(
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.EnsureConnection (Boolean shouldMonitorTransactions)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecutelnTransaction[T] (Func'1 func, IDbExecutionStrategy execution Strategy, Boolean startLocalTransaction, Boolean
releaseConnectionOnSuccess)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.<>c__DisplayClass41_0.<GetResults>b__00
at System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.DefaultSqlExecution Strategy.Execute(TResult] (Func'1 operation)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery 1.GetResults (Nullable`1 forMergeOption)
at System.Data.Entity.Core.Objects.ObjectQuery 1.<System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator>b__31_00 at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyEnumerator 1.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List 1..ctor(lEnumerable`1
collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Source] (IEnumerable`1 source) at P2A2021.FlightData.Init()

Best,

See the post about SQL Server with Windows 11.  Follow the guidance starting with the post from Tylenolwithwings.