Sign in to follow this  
J van E

Which GA aircraft has a FULLY working VC?

I've recently bought the TrackIR 4 Pro: awesome stuff! Now I can fly using the VC only! I never liked al thise popup panels which ALWAYS look different than the VC, which completely spoils the fun for me... Anyway, I want to use the VC for everything I have to do. But... it's not possible! ALmost all planes are missing features! The Baron with the G1000 (my favorite) has no AP in the VC! I am forced to use the popup! So I switched to the Cessna with the G1000 because I read it had a AP in the VC but to my amazement a lot of handles/buttons don't work so you STILL have to use popup panels!I tried the Maule (or something like that) yesterday and if I'm not mistaken it has everything working, but I didn't like the plane (it also kept on flying far too fast: overspeed with low throttle).Is it possible to pt the AP somewhere in the VC...? That would solve my problem! Or am I forced to BUY an addon GA-plane for FS X...? (I'd hate to miss the G1000 though...) Using the VC only with the TrackIR is awesome but it seems to be impossible...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I've recently bought the TrackIR 4 Pro: awesome stuff! Now I>can fly using the VC only! I never liked al thise popup panels>which ALWAYS look different than the VC, which completely>spoils the fun for me... Anyway, I want to use the VC for>everything I have to do. But... it's not possible! ALmost all>planes are missing features! The Baron with the G1000 (my>favorite) has no AP in the VC! I am forced to use the popup!-SNIP->Is it possible to pt the AP somewhere in the VC...? That would>solve my problem! Or am I forced to BUY an addon GA-plane for>FS X...? (I'd hate to miss the G1000 though...) Using the VC>only with the TrackIR is awesome but it seems to be>impossible...Unfortunately, the Baron VC is made such that only those areaswhere the gauges exist now are "mapable". Unlike many VC's inFS9 where you could place some custom gauges on available surfaces,this type of VC design doesn't allow for or accomodate any"customization" or upgrades unless they fit and replave existinggauges.For the Baron G1000 autopilot solution, about the best you cando is replace the number plaque with the Bendix King AP panel.It will be very small but with tooltips enabled you will be ableto "see" the ALT and VS values you are entering as well as thenomenclature of the button the mouse is over.I've tested it and it works OK. I also have TrackIR4 and Ihave done a couple of things which make flying from the VCa much more enjoyable experience. First, I mapped the TrackIR4 "center" and "enable" fuctions to therocker on my X-45 throttle, which I didn't really use for anything.Next, I added three camera definitions to all my aircraft.cfg fileswith VC's. I use these cameras to view "right seat", "overhead"and "pedestal" or similar useful views in the cockpit.I defined keys in the FSX "views" menu to match the HotKeys inthe camera definitions and then programmed these into my #2 hatswitch on my stick. I can, at a flick of my thumb, move about theVC with ease. The 4th function is the main VC ( pilots ) view.Below is the mod to the Baron G1000 panel.cfg to add the APin place of the number plaque. Also, my three camera definitions for the Barons VC. ( I also have the FSX radar "installed" on the G1000 MFD but that is a much bigger mod and too comples to relate here....) Paul-------------- partial panel.cfg snippet --------------[VCockpit03]size_mm=256,256pixel_size=256,256texture=$Baron_G1000_2background_color=0,0,0//---------------------------gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 39, 55, 89, 25//gauge00=n_number_plaque!n_number_plaque, 39, 55, 89, 25 gauge01=Beech_Baron!Gear Lights, 6, 6, 72, 46========================================================--- These are the views that toggle with "A" but ----------------- adding the "HotKeySelect= " to three of the ----------------- make them instantly available from my stick hat#2 ---------[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.7SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.52, 0.0, 0.0InitialPbh=3, 0, 0HotKeySelect=5[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Radio Stack"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.3SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.41, -0.06, 0.0InitialPbh=15, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Engine Controls"Guid = {563fdda0-af36-4c28-ab71-b5db7e77e474}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.9SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.27, -0.1, 0.18InitialPbh=45, 0, 0HotKeySelect=6[CameraDefinition.004]Title = "Switches"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-3E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.11, -0.55, 0.18InitialPbh=-10, 0, -16HotKeySelect=7------------------------------

I just tried and couldn't find a place in the VC section where the AP would show up.Forgot to mention that you might want to check out the FSD Saratoga, FSD Navajo and the Conquest 441 at Flight1.

I have a Trackir3 and I am strictly a 3d Cockpit only sort of a guy. The Real Air SM 260 is good to go in 3d cockpit (it doesn't come with a 2D cockpit). It is nice to taxi with the bubble hood open and get the wind on your shoulders ;) . The SM260 is also aerobatic and aerobatics are good with a Trackir. But it depends on what sort of flying you prefer. I also use the FSD Saratoga which is good for 3D only.PS. If you want a heart in the mouth experience open the SM 260 bubble hood in flight :-lol.