Sign in to follow this  
sauviat

FBW Reverse Thrust with Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

16 hours ago, liamp51 said:

Hold on a second...are you telling me you can lift the throttle up and move it back past a detent? I've had mine for a year and had NO idea this was a thing! 

You have to bind button 29 to Toggle Throttle Reverse Thrust for the right lever  

It works on my PC-6 but rather irregularly. Now my HOTAS is 9 year old...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

@Dominique_KYep, I bind to 20 and 30 for right and left levers.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Jérôme,

Thanks for the information on the Hotas. Following your procedure, in the FBW A320NX calibration, you set the idle position with the throttles fully closed (aft position)? 

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

@ega Yes I have that problem with reverse idle, where I get the red text and can't out how to get rid of it and go to next stage to save the settings of the calibration.

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

In order to be more precise:

IN MSFS for Throttle Warthog:

STEP 1

THROTTLE 1 AXIS is assigned to JOYSTICK AXE DZ and THROTTLE 2 AXIS IS ASSIGNED TO JOYSTICK AXE GZ 

For both axes Throttle 1 and 2 i have checked the box inverted axes

STEP 2
Assign the lifting reversers detents on the levers to THROTTLE 1 DECREASE BUTTON 29 and THROTTLE 2 DECREASE BUTTON 30

IN FBW A32NX EFB

Uncheck Reverser on axis (Off position is white)

Check Independant axis (On position is green)

Calibrate normally both throttle levers left and right idle to idle position which is 0 on the pedestral throttle, repeat for CLB, FLEX, TO/GA positions.

That's all it should works perfectly after that.

The only thing is when you land and engage the reverse (by pulling the levers upwards when in IDLE then pulling backwards into the reverser section), if you want to stop the reverse return the levers to iddle position and move them a little forward to disengage the reverse.

Edited by Jedi928

Jérôme Dietsch

@Jedi928 OK ,on the EFB it's good and throttles work as well - insofar that I can't move after taking the parking brake off!

I discussed this with support on their discord channel a few days ago, having  checked all the controllers and unplugging them. It works with all planes except the FBW. They say it's not the FBW, although it only happens on the FBW. Any thoughts on this please?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Well i have no idea may be you can check there is no conflict in your assignments, axes, button etc!

Jérôme Dietsch

I don't use the back lift position of the Hotass for the reverse, cause it's all or nothing. For me, this is just to cutoff the engines.

I use FSUIPC as well, calibrate the two throttle axes there. And i use button 7/8 (this button is on the right side, pulling is a flip back and called "button 8", pushing postition has a rest) to toggle reverse throttle axes (on push and also toggle in release via the FSUIPC buttons assignment). Then i did the calibration like Jedi928 described with the FBW UI. Works great, i pull the levers back to idle during flare, push the button 7 to reverse the axes, this gives just idle reverse thrust. If i really need more reverse power, i move the levers forward again. Might be not that realistic, but i can control reverse thrust very precise doing so, even indepent for every engine. At 60 kn, levers back, button 7 release back to neutral, and my levers are working with forward thrust again. And it works for the FBW and the Longitude or the Boeings.

Sorry, i can't describe it better, i hope Martin, it's enough information inside to solve your problem. Otherwise, just ask again.

Matthias

@ankh21 Matthias, it is showing that it works in the EFB and the pedestal, so I assume it is working. However, as the FBW doesn't move forward after the parking brake is released, I cannot see the reverse thrust actually working.

I've followed all the instructions given me from the FBW support thread, but the plane doesn't move. All the bindings are correct as they all function with the other planes. It has something to do with the FBW plane itself.

Martin

Martin Parr

I don't think it has something to do with the plane itself because the plane is moving on most of config. May be you should try to reinstall the FBW A32 NX completely. I use the dev version personly...

Jérôme Dietsch

@Jedi928Yes, they told me to follow the guidelines for uninstalling both the installer and the FBW itself. I reinstalled the dev version, but the problem still exists.

Martin

Martin Parr

3 hours ago, sauviat said:

@Jedi928Yes, they told me to follow the guidelines for uninstalling both the installer and the FBW itself. I reinstalled the dev version, but the problem still exists.

Martin

Very sad to hear that, even with FBW support 😞 Must be something very unique or hidden. Really strange.

@ankh21 Yep, it's very frustrating!

Martin

Martin Parr

It won't work with the Warthog HOTAS, since the reverse detent is technically only a button (actually two buttons), and not an axis. It's meant for military jets that have an "off" detent, not for reverse thrust. It does for that reason work quite well with the CRJ, because that has no reverse but an off detent.
Believe me, I have tried it a long time; there is no satisfactory way of doing this for the A32NX, you either can only go full reverse (instead of idle) or it wont't work at all.
I now use the red handle on the right side of the throttle for "reverse", one short push = idle, hold = up to full reverse thrust. It's simple and it works.