Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Where is this location?

Amazing find.

I took off from EGEO, went north, but could not locate the place. There are no landmarks and it's very easy to get lost in the area. The location made me think of maze or puzzle gardens eg. https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/aerial-view-labyrinth-park-seen-above-1855816180 

Lots of rounded hills and mountains and I thought the area can use better terrain mesh. 

Thank you much for the info and the pictures.

P.S. I can't imagine any foreign army successfully invading the place. It'll take invading and defending armies centuries before they find each other. With fog, maybe never.. They'll need lots of luck Lol. (I suspect Afghanistan scenery is similar which probably explains why Afghanistan was never successfully conquered by a foreign invader).

Edited by bofhlusr

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

37 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

P.S. I can't imagine any foreign army successfully invading the place. It'll take invading and defending armies centuries before they find each other. With fog, maybe never.. They'll need lots of luck Lol.

Hence the reason the Romans built Hadrian's Wall to keep the crazy half naked blue people out and postponed the occupation of Scotland indefinitely.

2 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Hence the reason the Romans built Hadrian's Wall to keep the crazy half naked blue people out and postponed the occupation of Scotland indefinitely.

Roman soldier: Half naked in this cold?!!  Blue skinned too?  OMG! Get me out of here NOW!!!  

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Hi There.

As a Scot, I could not let this pass without linking you to this historic event....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Glencoe

Scotland has a long and varied history and a proud people who have spread throughout the world. Not to mention the many great inventions...Steam power, tarmacadam, penicillin to name but a few. BTW, my wife and I visited San Francisco as part of our Golden wedding celebration back in 2019. We loved it apart from the hills...LOL.

Edited by kenny584
Typo.
  • Like 1

Take off from EGNL (Walney Island) and head for EGNC (Carlisle) in a light aircraft and you'll overfly some of the most scenic areas of Britain.  The Lake District and Cumbria will be laid-out below you, and much of it resembles the Scottish Highlands. 

• Like 2

This YouTube will help you find that location while flying...there are a number of similar ones.  https://youtu.be/_AjspC0Acfo

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The real story is we fooled them into building the wall to keep all the Anglo-Saxons and their descendants out of Scotland.😁 At least until we could open enough tourist attractions for them to spend their money in!

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Reminds me of a story our perky English guide who had a great sense of humor tell us about the White Cliffs of Dover. She told us the real story of the  White Cliffs of Dover in our ferry trip. She said the mayor of the town contracted painters Sunday evenings every week to paint the cliffs white for tourists. The thing is, I don't think everyone got the joke and some likely believed it to be true based on the expression on their faces and how she told it. And some, probably still believe that to be the real reason why they are colored white. Lol.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1