Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Track IR and frames....

Tell me...Does the use of the Track IR system affect frames in any way in FSX? I used it in FS9 (with a different computer from what I have now) and I did experience jerkiness and less fluidity with it. When I disconnected it, my frames went up. Now I have a very powerful rig, and I use VISTA, and FSX runs superbly on my system. If I reconnect Track IR and get the latest drivers, will it run without affecting the smoothness of FSX? I'd love to hear from users who have directly compared the sim with and without it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've never noticed any difference in FSX FPS, either with or without TrackIR running. That second core on your C2D will handle any overhead.Gary

I am a brand new Trackir 4 user with a pretty modest computer. I've not noticed any difference in framerates or fluidity when using trackir in FSX.RandallAMD XP 3200+2gb RAMNforce 2 motherboardNvidia 6800 GS

Just got it 2 days ago and have not noticed any impact on frame rates at all.Ian.

No effect on frame rates here, either in FS9 or FSX. I do get stutter problems in FSX, particularly with autogen enabled. Cheers,Noel.

It doesn't affect frames. In fact it improves them in 9 and X.With that rig you'll have nothing to worry about. It's an essential addon. Enjoy it.

No issue with frames here on either FS9 or FSX. I prefer it on FS9 because you can still us the keys to move around the cockpit with TIR active. In FSX you are stuck to 1 position and the movement keys are inop.

Thanks,I'll hook it up once again. Can't wait to put on that baseball hat with the tracking device on the brim. I will enjoy looking around the cockpit naturally once more.Are there special considerations when using VISTA?