Sign in to follow this  
light_blue_yonder

P3D5 Throttle Axis Issue

Hello all,

I've posted this over on the official LM forum, but decided to post here as well.

I'm having a very weird problem with separate throttle axes. This problem happens when assigning axes through P3D or FSUIPC.

In a select few aircrafts, I can move the throttle fine when mapping one axis of my Saitek throttle quadrant to "Throttle axis", and it will move both throttles in the aircraft. But if I assign two axis each to "Throttle 1 axis" and "Throttle 2 axis", neither of them moves the throttles in the aircraft. I can get a response, but it seems like the input jumps up briefly to the position of the throttle before returning to idle.

I originally thought this was an Aerosoft problem, since I had this issue in their A32X and CRJ. I recently got myself the Milviz King Air, and ran into the same issue. It seems like aircrafts that use a specific way of interacting with the throttles are having problem. I have no problems with the FSLabs A320, PMDG, and RealAir stuff. I have tried DirectInput and RawInput with no effect.

Since this appears on some aircrafts but not others, and appears across aircrafts made by different developers, I'm suspecting that the issue stems from something in P3D5.

Has anyone seen or heard of anything similar?

Haoning Qu

I may not be much help since I only use PMDG and FSUIPC in P3dv5.2.  The one thing I do is make sure that there are no throttle assignments active in P3d. 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

11 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

I may not be much help since I only use PMDG and FSUIPC in P3dv5.2.  The one thing I do is make sure that there are no throttle assignments active in P3d. 

Yep, everything in P3D is unassigned. In fact, I had to check if assigning axes through P3D also causes the problems. I can't think of anything that isn't done properly. 

And no, I don't have problems with the PMDG planes.

Haoning Qu

It takes some additional steps to make the CRJ to work properly with FSUIPC throttle.

19 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

It takes some additional steps to make the CRJ to work properly with FSUIPC throttle.

Could you explain what these additional steps are please?

Hi,

Aerosoft provides in the documntation folder for the A3xx a document with the title "Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup.pdf". Have you followed these instructions especially the one on page 3, where it is described, what you have to do in case you want to assign two throttle axis.

Rgds
Reinhard

I have followed every Aerosoft instruction. In fact, if it's limited to an Aerosoft procedure problem, I wouldn't have the same problem between the Airbus and CRJ, never mind Milviz as well.

The fact that all other addons work correctly is also confusing me quite a bit.

Haoning Qu