Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

NAV lights (VATSIM)

Trying to figure this one out but I’m also not totally sure this is a bug. I’ve tried without any custom vmr files (Stock) and with a custom VMR file. What I’m finding is the NAV lights on the aircraft will reflect off the ground, but until they get into the air, they’re not very visible on the aircraft itself. If I move the camera up close to the aircraft I can see it on the tips, but just barely. From any distance you can’t see it at all. Strobes, beacon, landing, and taxi lights seem to be working fine. I’m just trying to understand if this is a problem with my sim or a bug. Anyone else able to look on their client and see?

If you look closely in this pic, you’ll see the nav lights reflecting off the ground. As soon as they’re in the air, they become super bright and visiblespacer.png

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

There a guy who's supposed to be fixing this, but I think he's off on a drinking binge until the SDK gets fixed. 😄

My friend @simbol might know where he is.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

The same thing was happening to me but with AI Traffic (both offline and online). It might be the same issue.

I fixed it some how, but I have no idea what exactly fixed it. I deleting all the config files and emptied the $PC$ file in the AppData folder. 

For Steam that's 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator', no idea where it is fro MS Store.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

There a guy who's supposed to be fixing this, but I think he's off on a drinking binge until the SDK gets fixed. 😄

My friend @simbol might know where he is.

Who? :P

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Who? 😛

Yeah....who?......

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Interestingly the IVAO models seem fine generally, the AIG models and Asobo seem most affected.  Weird that the lights come good once they are airborne - I can't see why... some a/g logic buried in one of the config files (if that's possible)?

Edited by JayGee