Sign in to follow this  
coastaldriver

P3DV5.3

Grear looking clouds in your set!

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Re the French Lancaster.  In the Bull Creek Aviation Museum Western Australia 

There is a comprehensive section on the Australian squadrons that contributed significantly to Bomber Command and the centrepiece is the immaculately restored Lancaster VII NX622.

This is painted to represent Mk. I LL847 of 463 Squadron which flew an incredible 93 ‘ops’ over Europe. Flying from Skellingthorpe, near Lincoln, on December 18, 1944 LL847 failed to return from a raid on Munich; all eight on board perished. 

This machine served with the French Aéronavale in New Caledonia until it was retired and ferried to Perth in December 1962. It was displayed in the open at the airport until the purpose-built museum was ready to receive it. 

• Like 1

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Freo interesting yes I have seen the one at Bull Creek. There were two ex French Lancs - the other one ended up in the UK (There is a book about the flight there) Not sure what happened to that one. I really liked the idea of a white Lancaster hence the paint for the AH version. Which by the way works beautifully in P3DV5.