Sign in to follow this  
Marioalberto

Why no Miramar NAS Spotlight Challenge on PC Version

Hi,

I was wondering why we don't have a "F-18 NAS Miramar Monthly Spotlight Challenge" on our Welcome page on the PC version of MSFS. I'm curious because a friend just purchased the X-BOX version, and on his current Welcome page, it's been there all month. I thought that the content of both versions was the same. Just wondering if there's a way to get on the PC version. Thanks.

Mario

Did you update your content in the Content Manager?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've been wondering the same thing. When MSFS opens, the Miramar challenge is visible but dimmed down. Clicking on it does nothing.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Hi ryanbatcund,  yes, everything is completely up to date. Everything else in the sim is working w/o any problems. I just can't figure it out.  It seems that David Mills' problem is slightly different from mine, because at least, he can see the option even though it's greyed out.

Mario 

In my case everything is fine  its there and still  on just checked out after your post running

with  steam 

Jean Couillard 
i9-10850k@4.9 . Asus rog strix Z490-E  .crucial ballistic rgb 64g DDR4 3600 cl16 .asus rtx3080 OC . EVGA clc240 .   EVGA 1000G+       XPG s11 pro 1TB M.2 . Samsung 970EVO 1TB M.2  . Lian-LI LANCOOL11 mesh perf .  AW3821DW 3840x1600@144Hz .corsair  K70 RGB . corsair M65 pro . TCA Officer Pack Airbus

Hi Jeanyul,  that's interesting. Thanks for checking.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with how many challenges you've completed. In my case, I've done all the challenges, so I'm wondering if that's why it's not coming up on my system. Maybe MS entices you to do the challenges by reminding you on the main page when they see that you've not done any or have done very few. Who knows..... Thanks.

Mario

I'm able to choose it and I've barely finished maybe 2-3 challenges. Hmmm.

There are conditions.

A new Spotlight Event landing challenge is available for you to fly, featuring the F/A-18E Super Hornet landing at MCAS Miramar. 4 hours of existing flight time in a non-Discovery flight (free flight, landing challenges, bush trips, etc.) are required to display the event on the homepage, which replaces the Discovery Flight shortcut.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/game-of-the-year-edition-release-notes-1-21-13-0-sim-update-vii-now-available/

Users report needing to fly a few flights to get them to appear,

ok guys. it seems to be fixed. heres what i have done (did basically 2 things, dont know which one of the two made it happen - or maybe both are needed):

i never did a bushflying nor a flight training activity. so i did one leg of a bushflying tour and the taxi training. note: i had a lot of hours of free flight and landing challenges.

afterwards i launched the sim (store version) via the xbox app (not the xbox companion app).
now the spotlight landing challenge is showing up, even when i dont start the game via the xbox app (so just the direct link in my windows start menu)

side notes: steps above with developer mode off.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-see-find-the-spotlight-f-a-18-landing-challenge/473330/6

Edited by Waldo Pepper

Hi Waldo Pepper  &  Bdub22,

Thanks for the input.  So, I guess since I have all the required time already logged, and still not seeing this spotlight, the only thing left to try is to install the Xbox app and try launching the sim via that way.  Thanks again for the help.

Mario

Hi, 

Just a follow up. I did what was suggested above by our fellow forum users. I did about 3 Discovery Flights over cities, and then I did about 3 minutes into a Bush Flight. I then exited the sim and restarted my computer, and nothing changed, HOWEVER, a few hours later I started the computer again and launched F2020, and WOW, there is The NAS Miramar Spotlight Challenge on the opening page! Note: I already had many flying hours and had completed all the challenges, so, what solved my problem was definitely the steps I followed today. Hope this helps someone. And thanks to you all for your help & suggestions.

Mario