Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

RXP 750 VNAV

2 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

This is exactly how mine looks to a T. Once I get home I’m going to input your entities to see if that unlocks them. 

Understand a locked entry is not a problem in itself. It is initially locked by the developer in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file just to prevent users from messing up some things by changing entries they don't understand. A valid entry can be locked in either the or off state. Given your GTN follows the flight plan route well, I don't see anything obvious in these entries to explain why you are not capturing the glide slope unless you have a corrupted RealityXP.GTN.ini file somehow. So playing with these settings in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file may not solve the glide slope problem.

One entry I did turn on in the blue setup window above is the one called Link HSI/CRS(auto slew) -- which is cheating a bit. The Lear35 has a mechanical HSI and as such the GPS can not slew (move the HSI course arrow) when the course changes, as it could if the HSI was "glass", i.e., a software display. So in the real Lear35 with a mechanical HSI the pilot has to manually adjust the course arrow each time the GPS course changes going waypoint to waypoint. I did not want to have to do this, so I turned on the course slew option. My justification for this is one could put a servo on the mechanical HSI so the GPS could drive the course arrow!  😉

Just to double check that what you have is up to date, below is the latest version of the RXP GTN750. And the latest version of the Lear is 4.3c.

BTW, are you using the RXP GTN 750 in any other a/c? And if so, is it only the Lear35 that has the glide path problem?

Al

spacer.png

Edited by ark

37 minutes ago, ark said:

Just to double check that what you have is up to date, below is the latest version of the RXP GTN750. And the latest version of the Lear is 4.3c.

BTW, are you using the RXP GTN 750 in any other a/c? And if so, is it only the Lear35 that has the glide path problem?

Al

spacer.png

Well I exclusively only fly the Lear 35. So I guess I could install the RXP into another aircraft but that’ll take some time. But also the GTN settings you sent to me are those in the Learjet right? If so mine should look like yours correct? 

Just now, Deltaair1212 said:

Well I exclusively only fly the Lear 35. So I guess I could install the RXP into another aircraft but that’ll take some time. But also the GTN settings you sent to me are those in the Learjet right? If so mine should look like yours correct? 

Yes, those settings are from my Learjet setup.

Al

6 minutes ago, ark said:

Yes, those settings are from my Learjet setup.

Al

Okay cool. Then yeah I know something is wrong then so mine should look just like yours. I’m going to copy your entries when I get home and report back. Thank you for all the help btw. What I suspect is my GTN is not fully connected to my GPS/NAV mode. Also this may be asking a bit much but do you have KTNP downloaded from 29Palms group? It shouldn’t matter if you do or don’t the approach should be the same with the default KTNP, But the Visual RWY 26 has a glideslope that I used often in my F1 GTN but I cannot make in my RXP GTN. If it’s not asking too much could you fly that approach in GPS mode and see if your lear catches the glideslope? I usually come in at 6000ft AGL. And the glideslope will catch around 12NM’s from the airport at that altitude. All I do is keep the AP engaged and then when I see the glideslope bug I press GS on the panel and the lear will catch and follow the bug. 

Edited by Deltaair1212

KTNP has a LP + V approach to Rwy 26. This is a Localizer Performance (LP) approach with advisory Vertical guidance (+ V).  I loaded and tried that approach and the advisory glide path was captured. I also tried the visual approach to 26 and that also seemed to work but need to check further.  I will try this again in the morning.

Before you make any changes I suggest you try a standard LPV approach to some airport. An LPV approach is a GPS approach very similar to an ILS approach.  For example, one of the RNAV(GPS)  LPV approaches to Rwy 01L at KAPC, and see how that works. Or almost any major airport will have an RNAV(GPS) LPV approach these days, e.g., KSFO. It might be that the RXP GTN 750 is working correctly after all.  That is why I had asked above if you had tried an approach at a different airport. Although likely not the case at KTNP,  airports in the sim can have approach bugs. The RNAV (GPS) approach to 35L at KCOS has a bug which brings you in short of the runway -- not good!

Bed time for me (3:30AM in Colorado)!  I'll check back here 'later' this morning.  🙂

Al

Edited by ark

It occurred to me that the Visual Approach capability in the RXP GTN likely uses a VNAV type function to provide a standard 3 deg or so approach to the runway. If Visual Approaches are working at all, you might check that you have VNAV enabled in the RXP GTN. To do this, on the RXP GTN Home screen with all the icons, click on Utilities then VNAV > VNAV Enabled.

Al

Edited by ark

15 minutes ago, ark said:

It occurred to me that the Visual Approach capability in the RXP GTN likely uses a VNAV type function to provide a standard 3 deg or so approach to the runway. If Visual Approaches are working at all, you might check that you have VNAV enabled in the RXP GTN. To do this, on the RXP GTN Home screen with all the icons, click on Utilities then VNAV > VNAV Enabled.

Al

I’m sitting on the ramp at KBZN about to head to KTNP. My GTN is loaded and in the VNAV section of the GTN, my VNAV enabled is green but the glideslope information above it is dark. I’ll shoot the RNAV 26 gps LP+V approach to see if it catches the glideslope. And btw I entered your GTN’s info but my buttons are still greyed out so I can’t change the settings. I’m not sure why but it didn’t work so maybe I’m not suppose to touch them 

2 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

I’m sitting on the ramp at KBZN about to head to KTNP. My GTN is loaded and in the VNAV section of the GTN, my VNAV enabled is green but the glideslope information above it is dark. I’ll shoot the RNAV 26 gps LP+V approach to see if it catches the glideslope. And btw I entered your GTN’s info but my buttons are still greyed out so I can’t change the settings. I’m not sure why but it didn’t work so maybe I’m not suppose to touch them 

You won't be able to change any entry in the blue GTN popup settings window that has a little orange padlock icon next to it. Can you paste a screen shot of that popup window here?

Al

16 minutes ago, ark said:

You won't be able to change any entry in the blue GTN popup settings window that has a little orange padlock icon next to it. Can you paste a screen shot of that popup window here?

Al

Ok I will. Just tried to shoot the approach and my Glideslope never came alive. I do have VNAV enabled. 

7 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Ok I will. Just tried to shoot the approach and my Glideslope never came alive. I do have VNAV enabled. 

Try clicking on Check Updates at the bottom of the blue GTN setting window to make sure you have the latest GTN version.

And just to check, do you click on Activate Approach as you near the Initial Approach fix of an approach?

Al

Edited by ark

5 minutes ago, ark said:

Try clicking on Check Updates at the bottom of the blue GTN setting window to make sure you have the latest GTN version.

And just to check, do you click on Activate Approach as you near the Initial Approach fix of an approach?

Al

I am up to dat according to the program. And yes I always do it’s my normal protocol. It’s worked for two years with F1 

13 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

I am up to date according to the program. And yes I always do it’s my normal protocol. It’s worked for two years with F1 

OK, good.

Do post the screen shot of the blue settings window if you can.

After that, I would suggest you try one of the LPV approaches to SFO.  Just take off from a nearby airport such as KAPC.

Another thing to try is reinstalling the GTN 750.

Al

Edited by ark

Here's what I'm going to try:  Take off from KAPC and shoot the nearby RNAV 19L LPV approach into KSFO using UPEND as the IAF.  If you can do the same we can compare notes.

spacer.png