Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

Fairbanks cargo.

Great shots!
Love the Everts story...also one of the biggest operators of the DC6.

Sadly, even though this one (nicknamed "The Blue Canoe") sits abandoned where she lost her leg in a very bad landing decision, she lives on in MSFS!  (and one of the paints that took me the longest to replicate...even got help from a former Everts A&P mech that used to work on her to verify the accuracy of the paint!)

For example: The red cowl flap indicates to the ground crew that #3 is a new engine...under 100 hours and requires mineral oil vs standard oil...who knew right?

qGKs4h.jpg

Or that this is the filler port for the water tanks for the water injection system?

AAyimw.jpg

Or they bolted heavy rubberized mats to the bottom of the flaps just behind the main landing gear to minimize damage to the flaps during gravel strip TOs and landings?

sA5ChN.jpg

I learned a lot of little-known tidbits about this airframe and DC-6's in general after finishing this paint. (one of my favorite parts of painting...all the knowledge you get after researching each paint) 🙂   
One more thing....you see the shine difference between the horizontal stab and rudder?  The stab is aluminum, the rudder is fabric....hence the difference shine (I adjusted the blue layer of the Metallic map to adjust the roughness (and partly shine) of the 2 parts

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice pics, OnD, of this unique airline, that is still using the classic airliners for cargo...!

(Steve: Lovely MSFS repaint of the Everts Air DC-6 Cargo...do recall seeing that, here, before...) ...

• Like 1