Sign in to follow this  
kiwi_biplane

Simulation: the sky doesn't have to always be the same

On 1/6/2022 at 9:29 PM, kiwi_biplane said:

The cloud shadows should be fine.
The density and amount of shadows on the ground depends not only on the amount and density of clouds of all tiers and on the angle of illumination by the sun, but also on the transparency of the atmosphere and sky textures, which also contain information about the brightness of shadow and illuminated areas of the terrain.

Yep I can see them, they're just not the same as what I have configured.

I have 10% darker cloud shadows which is quite noticable as you fly in and out of the sunlit areas providing for a good immersion factor as the aircraft and cockpit come in and out of various levels of shading.

Idealy the shader I've got with dynamic cloud lighting would the sweet spot 🙂 but hey I'd also have to update my GPU.

Cheers and thanks.

Cloud shadows and terrain lighting.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D