Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

For the next time the "sim or game" debate is raised :)

44 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

A good synthesis but I would disagree on the above. Just for the pleasure of the conversation, mind you ! 

😁

Nothing like a bit humour and fun Dominique. 👍 So in reply , just for the pleasure of the conversation mind 😁, I think you will find MSFS so lacking in rules as a game that you can even turn off Mr Newton and Bernoulli and hover to your hearts content while you pilot your drone camera. This does not penalise you in any way and neither does failing to land the airplane. You could fly/hover/slew for ever and it would not prevent you from flying anytime, anywhere in anything in the future. There are no limits or rules bounding your progression and there is nothing to progress to. Physics and gravity only exist if you want them too, ie the realism selector...unlimited fuel...g force on/off etc.

Now I might be wrong but I had a very quick look at a Walking Simulator 2020 which I downloaded at Christmas. I couldn't get past the guys that wanted to beat me up at the hanger and it didn't look like I could turn them off anywhere, so maybe the Long Dark you mentioned is similar to this. It seems this walking simulator genre teaches you not to do things that bring untoward consequences and to find ways to overcome difficult situations. If you don't adhere to these requirements, which cant be turned off, you can't really progress much? Although both are sandboxes, it seems the walking simulators have more boundaries and adherence requirements than MSFS does which suggests that as a game, they are more rule based than MSFS is. 

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.