Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Aerosoft Twin Otter for P3D...

On the web page for it, it only stated for P3D v3 and v4.   Does anybody have this plane...that they had running (still running) in v4.x and ported it (copied the folder) over into v5.3...and does it run...with no missing textures, missing cockpit, or any artifacts?   I'd like to buy this...but want to only run it in v5.3 HF2.

Can anybody advise?  Thanks...

Hi, yes I have this plane working in V5. You can just point the installer to your V5 folder and it will install in there. Or you can port it over. If I remember correctly you need to make sure you have XMLTools64 installed to your V5. Otherwise some gauges and switches don’t work. The installer will fail installing XMLTools.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

13 minutes ago, djbully said:

Hi, yes I have this plane working in V5. You can just point the installer to your V5 folder and it will install in there. Or you can port it over. If I remember correctly you need to make sure you have XMLTools64 installed to your V5. Otherwise some gauges and switches don’t work. The installer will fail installing XMLTools.

That's great!   So,  would the XMLTools64 install (with the installer pointed to my P3D v4.5...and then, I only have to copy/port the Otter 100 folder and the XMLTools64 folder? Is that how I follow you?  If that is the case, then I would also install this in my v4.5 as well, and then secondly move over both folders...right?

Post Edit:  Does the XMLTools64 folder go in the ROOT folder? If not, where does it go...(gets installed in v4.x)?

Edited by Sesquashtoo

All you need to do is point the installer at the P3Dv5 root folder - nothing else is required and it works just fine.

• Like 2

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

19 minutes ago, TonyD said:

All you need to do is point the installer at the P3Dv5 root folder - nothing else is required and it works just fine.

OH...OK!  So,  that XMLTools64 that djBully mentioned gets installed with a v5.x point?  SOLD....on my way to it...and can't wait.   All the hype over the MSFS version has me hyped now too, but...won't buy it for MSFS until they (Asobo) finally finishes all water graphics, and at least...gets it to the magnificent renderings of P3D v5.3.  So...the Otter will fly in P3D v5.3...until then...  Right now, I find MSFS water near about between FS9 and FSX.

Hi Sesquashtoo,

did you install the Twotter directly into P3Dv5 by just pointing the installer to the P3D root directory?

Thanks and Regards

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Whenmaker said:

Hi Sesquashtoo,

did you install the Twotter directly into P3Dv5 by just pointing the installer to the P3D root directory?

Thanks and Regards

Sure did...and why I didn't buy this plane sooner, sure beat's me.....as I love water operations, and wanted to simulate a career with Maldivian Air,  over the Maldives Island Chain.  I watched a YouTube video this morning all about them, and their entire fleet is of both the Twin Otter 100 and the 300's...so now I have both...and can't wait to sign up.  Captains need a minimum of 10,000 hours on pontoon versions...and so I will have to er...ah....FUDGE, my application. I hope they don't hang out on AVSIM....

Loaded it into v4.5 as well. A great package and get the paint zip as well...

To 'point' to your v5.3 install, you need to use the BROWSE button on the right of the window...and then point to your v5.3 root folder, and let 'er rip. If all goes well, you will get a Successful Install at the end notification.

Now...off to earn some dough flying passengers around the Maldives! 🙂

See ya...

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

Aerosoft Twin Otter 100/300's EXTENDED package....

Been flying purchase for the morning, and I have to say, for 29 Euros, it gives great value!   You have every configuration you could want...wheels, floats, and a full amphibian that will land you anywhere!

All models, the 100's and the 300's handle beautifully in the air, all models look great and are well detailed.  Cockpit is very detailed...and the sounds of the Pratt's...are awesome, from idle to the stops. The models have a 'heavy' feel to them...meaning that you are feeling you are in control of the heft and gross weight.  For what you pay, and for what you get....a truly great package value.  You can set it up to engines running and ready to move out, or for the Study Dudes...Dead 'n Cold.  The start-up is detailed...and environs must be met, or the Pratts just sit there and laugh at you....

Total thumb's up!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Get the start up wrong and the engines will catch fire - I found out the hard way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

3 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Get the start up wrong and the engines will catch fire - I found out the hard way.

"Uh..yep...have already been serenated by the FIRE bell alarm....!   Learning ramp...but getting there....and so worth the purchase, as my opinion.  Really liking the Amphibian 300 as that is my go-to config...had to figure out the Start Locks though!"  Had to go out to the Net for a Google Search.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Hey @Sesquashtoo

Did you maybe have XMLTools already installed? I’m sure I remember that was part of the install! Maybe I’m just wrong here! Lol, wouldn’t be the first time!  
 You can check you dll.xml for the XMLTools entry. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

43 minutes ago, djbully said:

Hey @Sesquashtoo

Did you maybe have XMLTools already installed? I’m sure I remember that was part of the install! Maybe I’m just wrong here! Lol, wouldn’t be the first time!  
 You can check you dll.xml for the XMLTools entry. 

I just pointed to v4 5 and v5.3.  The installer ran both times...and I have flown the versions in each P3D version. Needed to do nothing else, other than go onto the Net to find the product manual and download the PDF.  That's about it...and oh...start a Pratt on fire...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Flying the Maldivian Float Service all morning and this is hand's down now my favorite P3D plane.

"Don't take it too hard, Kodiak 100...for uh...,for didn't we have Paris?!?"....   

"We'll always have had Paris, Kodie Girl..."

"Ottie Gal, I now have the hots for YOU!".... 😉