Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Let's hear it for the young lady!

On 1/21/2022 at 3:04 PM, birdguy said:

You see them very weekday being herded into subway cars.  Then they go into an office and do the same thing they have been doing for years. 

After getting out of the Marines and working as a file clerk for a year I decided to join the Air Force.  I had already soloed and the Air Force had a flying club on every base where you could rent a plane and take flying lessons.  But more importantly they had many career fields to choose from.  And when you got tired of one job you could cross-train into another.  I started out working in a bomb dump.  Then I became an armament technician.  That led to special electronics and seismology at stations monitoring for underground nuclear tests.  And then a weather forecaster.  I don't think I could be happy in a lifelong career doing the same thing over and over again.  Freelance writing and photography as sidelines were fun.  And once when I was out of work looking for a job I had several interviews and offers.  I chose a lesser paying job over a higher paying job because I thought the lower paying job would be more fun.  And it was.  

I went to work for Garret AirResearch at the DOT test track in Pueblo Colorado and was an insturmentation technician and pilot for this guy.  I drove it close to 200 MPH.

https://pueblorailway.org/roster/rocket-cars/the-garrett/

Noel

A jack of all trades and a master of none.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

A jack of all trades and a master of none.

One of the advantages of never having gone to college.  No degree to tie me down to one profession.  Of course you don't make a lot of money that way.  But you have a lot of fun.  I never woke up dreading to go to work in the morning.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.